Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if having a crater in one door wasn't annoying enough, the mother-in-law yesterday took it upon herself to introduce her black car door to my white one. Twice. So, is there any magic potions / alchemy / out there? Or is this another job for a touch up stick?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Assuming that's just her paint on your door, Meguiars ScratchX should do the job for you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tetchmeister said:
Assuming that's just her paint on your door, Meguiars ScratchX should do the job for you.
Dosen't feel like a scratch, the door is still smooth so i'm assuming it's just paint.

Harper.. you're making this sound like it's going to be elbow grease related graft. Is there an easy fix like using toothpaste?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Clay bar and polish is overkill and a lot of work.

Scratch X is your friend. The product is essentially a mild polish easy to apply removes paint etc. Don't let the name put you off.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Toothpaste might do it, but I suspect it's quite aggressive and may scratch the paint more than you want.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Scratch X will be overkill if not a scratch as it will put swirls in the paint.

Clay bar is easy and not alot of work ( was car or panel, spray lube spray onto panel and rub the panel with the clay. What's had about that.). No elbow grease at all. Would bring it straight off then polish the door after. If you were closer I'd do it for you would take 10 minutes to do a door.

You are still going to have to polish and after Scratch X anyway to protect the paint. Well that's if your going to do it properly. You can't just you scratch X then leave it. Edited by: Harper31

·
Registered
817 Posts
What does clay bar do? Is it like T cut?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Clay bar is an excellent product. It isn't harmful to the cars paint. It comes in a kit with a lubricating spray and well a clay bar.

You clean the car or panel spray the lube on the car and rub the panel gently with the clay. It bring every imperfection off the panel and leave it like glass! You then polish and wax to protect the paint. It is awesome. Check the Internet for before and after. Some people think just washing the car will make it clean I garentee if you used this you would be a convert. You don't use it every wash probably twice a year would do.

<a href="http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4829" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4829
</a>

Mod edit: made link live

Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
374 Posts
Harper31 said:
Scratch X will be overkill if not a scratch as it will put swirls in the paint.

Clay bar is easy and not alot of work ( was car or panel, spray lube spray onto panel and rub the panel with the clay. What's had about that.). No elbow grease at all. Would bring it straight off then polish the door after. If you were closer I'd do it for you would take 10 minutes to do a door.

You are still going to have to polish and after Scratch X anyway to protect the paint. Well that's if your going to do it properly. You can't just you scratch X then leave it.
Polish doesn't protect paint, it is an abrasive product.
Do you mean wax or some other top coat?
In which case clay bar and wax may work. To use the clay bar don't forget to thoroughly clean the car and use loads of lube.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would call into my Vauxhall repair shop and ask their advice? My local one is excellent

·
Registered
374 Posts
Anyway, I'm going to stick with Scratch X and whatever top coat you have at home.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Love stallion,

Your investment in the car almost requires you to have a proper paint repair, its a damn nuisance but unless you do so you will always see it and it will annoy you big time

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for your tips I know how to detail a car. If you look further on I have stated polish then wax to protect the paint.

I would use scratch X at all on the mark love Stallion posted I doubt any other detailing would.

It could w en be tar as I am not with the car. In such case Tardis would be weapon of choice.

·
Registered
505 Posts
LS a clay bar may help to get rid of that black mark.

First i would see if it will wash off with a bit of elbow grease. Failing that a little bit of T-Cut may help if thats what you have available.

Also if you have someBlu Tackand some washing up liquid? Water down thewashingupliquid spray it on the panelforlubrication then gently glide over with the blue tack.Im just thinking of a cheap way for you with whats around the house etc.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks Fatman.
I'm going to get me some of that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah ill check out Halfords

You learn something new everyday

1 - 20 of 29 Posts