Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned my beast this very morn and discovered the following on the passenger door....

What options are available to me (taking into account i'm a n00b at this sort of thing)... touch up stick thing or get it professionally done?

(tippex and 'a new door' are not options
)

·
Registered
236 Posts
New door. Ha.

Get it done professionally I would. Body shops touch the chip in, wet sand it and polish giving a perfect finish.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mty dealer has offered me minor chip policy fir £399. But I think I will go for Dans offer of the GAP insurance and this is included as an extra add on

Why dont you join provided you are still within 90 days of getting the car I think.
Get that one fixed and anymore will be covered for the next 3-4years Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
817 Posts
Autoglass have a sister company similar to chips away where you send a photo and they give you a fixed price quote.

I used them when the wind blew my wheelie bin into my Qashqai. Sizeable dent was taken out and all done on my driveway.

So i think having a SMART dent policy is well worth it Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a knacker too late to go through ALA so it looks like it Chip Away (i'm assuming Vauxhall will financially cripple me for this?).
So, can someone hit me with an uppercut and tell me what i'm probably looking at cost wise? FYI, the chip is approx 4mm l x 2mm h

·
Registered
584 Posts
A garage job will be the whole panel, bet thats three hundred quid to say the least (based on recent experiences!)

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
We could argue all day regarding likely methods and costs, but IMHO there is no way that even a bodyshop will be doing the whole panel for a small chip like that. I recently had a whole new bumper supplied and fitted together with some minor damage similar to the above done for £350.00 on my iX35. Going back a few years a very nasty dent in the door of my CRV was rectified for £50.00 by a "Chipsaway" type firm subcontracted by the main dealer.

My guess is between £50.00 - £100.00.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've filled in the form for Chips Away... my local is based in Cambridge, and i work in Cambridge so it's a bit of a no brainer. I'll see what they say.
Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
240 Posts
WOW LS - looks like your 'baby' caught a Korean stray one! I'm crying for you, mate, that's a crater!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have used wax crayons in the past as a tempory measure. Also halfords touch up pens are good to. As said tho if you are going to use chips away wait until you have more to do

·
Registered
767 Posts
Give this company a look once they list the Mokka in their data base.I am sure they will stock the Mokka paint codes in the not too distant future.A friend & Ihave bothused it on a Graphite Black metalic finish with good results. I had the "Road Rash" kit.Click on the video to see how easy this stuff is to use.
http://www.chipex.co.uk/

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chipsaway have got back to me stating to make it invisible it's a panel job and is coming in at £120. Alternativeley if i get a pen they will do it for nowt.

Don't really want to pay £120

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have just ben on the phone with the chap from Chip-Ex. Told him the make, model and colour and even though it's not listed he seemed to know exactly what Summit White was so as it stands i'm looking at buying the medium system for £38.95 inc delivery. Which is not £120.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Love Stallion said:
Have just ben on the phone with the chap from Chip-Ex. Told him the make, model and colour and even though it's not listed he seemed to know exactly what Summit White was so as it stands i'm looking at buying the medium system for £38.95 inc delivery. Which is not £120.
They do know their paint.

Be patient when you do it. Build up deep chips with layers. And if you balls it up the blender is your friend.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts