Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered an exclusive 1.7cdti AWD in Boracay blue, I liked the look of the SE with rear tinted windows, so I have negotiated in with deal that the rear windows will be tinted to look like an SE. I was wondering if anybody has any experience of having windows tinted on there cars, that did not come as standard. I understand that a film is applied to the glass.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi JDautopower,

You did well negotiating the tinted glass, when I placed my order I raised the same questions with my dealet who responded with a blunt "no" so ive no tinted windows, sigh.
I've no previous knowledge or experience on tinted windows tho i'm interested to know how much you negotiated with your dealer, hmm?

·
Registered
264 Posts
JDautopower said:
I have ordered an exclusive 1.7cdti AWD in Boracay blue, I liked the look of the SE with rear tinted windows, so I have negotiated in with deal that the rear windows will be tinted to look like an SE. I was wondering if anybody has any experience of having windows tinted on there cars, that did not come as standard. I understand that a film is applied to the glass.

Make sure you inform your insurance that u have made a mod on your car as the tints are not standard on your Mokka it may cost you a very small premium but it is better than them comeing back to you and not paying out if something happens.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The tints on the SE are dyed glass with no film on them. When they tint your windows it will be a film and on previous cars I've had tinted it scratches really easily.

The comment above is right in a way although it is a dealer fit so personally wouldn't bother telling insurance. If you fit aftermarket carpet mats, mudflaps, LED bulbs, wind deflectors should I tell insurance too?

·
Registered
236 Posts
FX_Red said:
JDautopower said:

Make sure you inform your insurance that u have made a mod on your car as the tints are not standard on your Mokka it may cost you a very small premium but it is better than them comeing back to you and not paying out if something happens.
Coming*

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was playing two dealers off against each other who both wanted my business which was good, got a higher trade in price, plus mats and mud flaps also a discount on diamond bright paint protection thrown in

·
Registered
247 Posts
How much does it cost to tint?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quick answer
Tinted vehicle windows: the law
Not what you're looking for? †“
If you've got tinted vehicle windows, the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.
There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

It is also illegal to sell a vehicle with heavily tinted windscreen and front windows.

Penalties for having wrongly tinted windows
The police or VOSA vehicle examiners use light measuring equipment to measure window tint.

If your windscreen or front side windows are tinted too much you could get:

a ""˜prohibition notice' stopping you using your vehicle on the road until you have the extra tint removed
a penalty notice or court summons

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for that,i think most window tinting companie's would tell the person of the law's,+ hopefully anybody looking at getting it done would have the foresight to check out this before hand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They all look spot on these add on tints, never had them done before so I am a bit nervous of having them done on a brand new car, but you chaps have put my mind at ease

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am definatley going to get mine done. Found a good place locally that does it so will get a price from them closer to the time.Can anyone tell me if takes a while or can you wait whilst it is being done?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Had a call from the tinting company. They will go to the dealers and do it ready for when I collect from them. Option of £200 for what I want with a 5yr gaurentee or £250 for lifetime guarentee.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts