Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard so many different prices to have a timing belt fitted/replaced, and those prices differed by hundreds of pounds.
So I recently realised that my secondhand Mokka Tech Line had a timing belt that was over seven years old.
It is recommended that it be changed if it reaches five years or I believe 60,000 miles.
Well I had mine changed and it was complete with a new water pump, apparently that is best practice when having a timing belt fitted.
I did ask for the old belt to be retained just to see what the condition of it was, in truth it was actually in very good order.
So my question is how much did you pay for this service, I paid £170-00 inc. parts and I believe that to be a very good price.
Unless of course you know differently.
It would also be very interesting to find out if other members had been overcharged, and by how much?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think that was a very good price.add another 2-300 at dealers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep, could be a very good price. Where did you get the work done? What exactly was fitted? Belt, water pump and tensioners? Or just belt and water pump?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, could be a very good price. Where did you get the work done? What exactly was fitted? Belt, water pump and tensioners? Or just belt and water pump?

I got my repair done at a private self employed friends garage in Hull.
He is a chap that I have been to a number of times with a number of vehicles.
In truth I don't know anything about the tensioners but if they had come with the kit he certaily would have fitted them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that was a very good price.add another 2-300 at dealers
Dealers I am afraid tend to think money certainly not customer.
I wrote an article about paid for services, and how you don't actually know what you got for your money.
Never take your motor to a dealer for a service, take it to someong that you know and trust.
A one off payment when you do that, it's much more likely that you will get value for your money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tensioners are not part of a kit unless purchased as a kit with tensioners. If you are happy with your deal, that is fine, but I always want to know what I am paying for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts