Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Currently weighing up options for a new car, probably for next year, and am thinking about a Mokka so thought signing up would be a good way of finding out more about it. Seems like a nice forum so far with everyone being very helpful.

I was wondering what made all you Mokka owners choose it over its rivals. I find the warranty is a big sway - probably ten years with my average mileage - and I've always had a soft spot for Vauxhalls as this was mostly what my dad drove when I was growing up.

So what made you choose yours, and given the choice again, would you still pick a Mokka or would you try something from a different manufacturer?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I chose mine because it came in around £6000 less than a Kia Sportage for roughly the same spec (Kia had a full size alloy spare but hey, not a deal breaker) and i decided the Mokka looked better and indeed drove better. Would i buy again, yeah, without a doubt.
If you're looking at getting one next year i would advise that:

A) you order one now as you might just get it next year

B)you order one in the (apparently) new Orange Rock colour as i suspect i will want one in that colour and you can be my surrogate

Oh, and welcome BTW. Don't swear or i'll 'ave ya! Ooooosh!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I chose a Mokka because I have had three previous Vauxhalls without any problems:
My dealer is excellent and treats me well:

I got a good discount;

0% finance;

Top trade in for my Corsa;

Has all the required bells and whistles, (assuming they all work correctly);

Meets my colour requirements;

Lifetime/100000 miles warranty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can only reiterate all the comments made by Jean-Luc, except I traded in a Meriva.
I would further add that it is the best car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I chose the Mokka because of the ride height, economy(went for a diesel and a cheap car tax band,)equipment levels, 0% Finance deals as most people and of course the warranty is a big part of play.

So similar with other comments made, I am p/x a 3 door astra sporthatch and had Vauxhalls previously and enjoyed them with the ride quality and driving.

As with others the next consideration for me was a Kuga which again was bigger than I needed and more expensive. There is only one person in my household and occasionally will have the parents or my partner in the car with me so I wanted a small SUV to run and maintain that looked the part.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Basically all that is stated above , but also with the SE , the heated leather seats with the electric lumbar adjustment was a major factor for the price , as it is SWMBO's car ,and she has significant back issues . It is a rapidly growing sector , and by next year there will be quite a few more entrants to compare . Fortunately there are no really awful cars out there ( unless you are a Whatcar? or Gaurdian journalist !! ) , and each brings something a little different to the party , so enjoy test driving and researching , which for myself is half the experience !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We picked the Mokka because we got a fairly good discount plus the partners discount on top,

0% finance, Road tax, MPG which is simlar to our trade in (Peugeot 107, 3 Door), Lifetime/100000 miles warranty, Cheaper insurance than the other SUV's we looked at and also needed a bigger family car as we are expecting our 2nd Child in June and not much room in a 107 for 2 kids and the pram/s.

·
Registered
633 Posts
jamesson said:
So what made you choose yours, and given the choice again, would you still pick a Mokka or would you try something from a different manufacturer?
I was looking at all the choices last August when The Mokka was announced. Ordered on 6th September. Took delivery 7th January.
I have had (including the wife's) over 15 cars from new over the last 35 years, is the Mokka special?

If I want a pint of milk there is a Tesco 1/2 a mile away, but I drive to the one 10 miles away because I will be in my Mokka.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I chose my Mokka as ive had MINI's for the last 7 years and really needed something bigger.
My hubby gave me a £25k budget and TBH I wanted an Evoque but just to drive the kids to school and pop to Tesco that proved a bit extravagant and a bit pricey

I looked at so many cars and was about to give up when I saw a Mokka at my local dealers. Went to look, got a test drive ( automatic
) and was hooked. Went back that weekend and ordered a 1.4T SE 4x4 with a few goodies and in came in a couple of grand under budget

2 more months and hopefully she is mine

I am in no doubt ive made the right choice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
We too looked at many cars including the Kia, ASX and Kuga which I was shocked at as just a 4x4 focus ... Nice to look at but no differant inside to our focus now and then there it was... Looking GLORIOUS on the forecourt and that was it... I HAD to have one !!

This is a first for us buying brand new and having to wait this long for something but I'm like a kid at Christmas ... So EXCITED.

For our budget and compared to other makes we have got the SE with added extras, in the colour we wanted , 0% finance, low tax and best of all a long warrenty which excites my husband as means we won't be swapping it in after 3 years like the rest of our cars!!
Looking forward to the little extras like the Ambient Lighting, heated seats and steering wheel and even the 3 pin socket to plug in my hair straightners on a wet day .... He, he

This forum has kept me going and hopefully about 8 weeks time I will be a proud owner !!

·
Registered
335 Posts
DirtyMokka said:
Kat34 said:
even the 3 pin socket to plug in my hair straightners on a wet day .... He, he

Me 2
And the 19 storage compartments for my make up, hair brush , nails...... Oh and chocolate

·
Registered
16 Posts
I chose the Mokka for following reasons:

After test driving similar vehicles (the Skoda Yeti as one option), the amount of extras you get with comparable makes was very impressive.
0% APR
Integral bike rack was a massive plus.
Nice and compact for the city
Great driving position
100,000 mile warranty
Costco discount (saved me a considerable amount of money).
They happen to have one (to the spec I wanted) in the showroom so after test driving I decided to take the plunge.
Still can't work out why there is so much negativity out there in certain reviews. Just go out and test it for yourself and enjoy :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Kat34 said:
DirtyMokka said:
Kat34 said:
even the 3 pin socket to plug in my hair straightners on a wet day .... He, he

Me 2
And the 19 storage compartments for my make up, hair brush , nails...... Oh and chocolate
You sure its 19 storage units and not 18.

The tray under the passenger seat has been replaced for the ELECTRIC movable seats were getting on our SE's (hehehe)

Ive never had a car with that so really excited even tho i'll have adjusted them once.

Oh your forgetting the hairstraightners and hairdrier that can be plugged into the three pin socket
Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's if I can get to the plug with the 3 kids trying to charge there iPads

The Excitement ... Think I'm going to burst

Just been showing my eldest son ( he's 12 ) images if the Grand Pioneer and where its at !!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I hope i havent mde a fool of myself and that is our ship. Edited by: Ixasio

·
Registered
51 Posts
Forget the hair straighteners - they will put far too much electrical load on the socket and will just blow a fuse I think the limit is 150 Watts which is fine for computer chargers etc but I don't think even one of these in-car kettles would work. I don't have one and don't know the electrical load but I am pretty sure it would with blow the fuse or take so long to heat up you will have reached your destination first!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ixasio said:
I hope i havent mde a fool of myself and that is our ship.
We need some hope and I'm holding into the hope that the Grand Pioneer is OUR boat .... It works with the dates so let's see !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts