Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the wife a Mokka at last.

It is 2013 EXCLUSIV 1.7cdti with AFL.

As some may know there was an issue with the AFL lights doing a constant start up which was resolved with a new headlight unit.

The Mrs wanted me to give it the full VXOCElectrabizz treatment.

So I started with an LED conversion & LED interior bulb upgrades along with adding footwell lighting.

Next was to remove the CD400+ and retrofit a Navi950 DAB+ & Rear camera.

Continued in next post.​

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next was to install some better D3S bulbs when swapping the headlight out.

One of the parking sensors needed repainted as the paint had come off along with the primer.

I also fitted a DPF warning LED so the Mrs will be quickly alerted if the car is doing a regen.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That is totally fantastic report on the upgrades you've done on the Mokka and no doubt you wife will be more than happy with the outcome -- well done indeed -- just wait until Dog_Book reads this I'm sure he will appreciate your efforts ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah amazing that is all the work on it, Ive been toying with changing the lamps in mine but for 6k ones so they are a bright white.
Not looked at doing footwell lights, it was a pain doing the Vectra having to strip all the seats and trim out just to run the wires let alone find the right switched earth to turn them on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah amazing that is all the work on it, Ive been toying with changing the lamps in mine but for 6k ones so they are a bright white.
Not looked at doing footwell lights, it was a pain doing the Vectra having to strip all the seats and trim out just to run the wires let alone find the right switched earth to turn them on.
The Headlight bulbs do light up the road white & they are really nice too far better than the 4300K factory bulbs.

Footwell lights it depends how you want them to work I always only have them wired up so they come on with the main courtesy light rather than on all the time, in which case it's just a simple case of finding a ground (centre console) and running a power wire up to the roof and splicing onto the correct wire there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My ocd wouldn't allow me to wire it like that id want to find the wires/connectors low down. Not sure if the moo would like the lights though she doesn't notice things in cars like i do lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My ocd wouldn't allow me to wire it like that id want to find the wires/connectors low down. Not sure if the moo would like the lights though she doesn't notice things in cars like i do lol
You could get it at the BCM, but that's a tight area to work the wire is all hidden and ties in with the factory wiring.

The joys of retrofitting you learn how to make everything you do clean and tidy and as factory looking as possible of course it's not always possible.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That is some impressive work! Would love to get rid of my CD400! And I really don't understand why the DPF light isn't standard!?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is some impressive work! Would love to get rid of my CD400! And I really don't understand why the DPF light isn't standard!?
Vauxhall think the only time time you need to know to know it's doing a regen is when it's on it's very last chance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would appear I totally forgot to update this thread. Well the Mrs Mokka got written off.

So here we are a video from the dash cam.

Pic's of the damage.

Off side for reference

Off side for reference

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice work! A question to educate myself little. What did you need to do to make the CD400 monochrome -> Navi950 DAB+ 7" conversion work?

I investigated this a lot and thought it would be very difficult to upgrade the stock head unit to the Navi version. I had the CD600 with the 7" color display. I went with Connects2 InfoAdapter and Android double din head unit and got everything to work, but Im intrested to hear about this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice work! A question to educate myself little. What did you need to do to make the CD400 monochrome -> Navi950 DAB+ 7" conversion work?

I investigated this a lot and thought it would be very difficult to upgrade the stock head unit to the Navi version. I had the CD600 with the 7" color display. I went with Connects2 InfoAdapter and Android double din head unit and got everything to work, but Im intrested to hear about this.
To get the Navi working I needed to make some wiring changes & also do so programming.

I do retrofits to Vauxhall's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts