Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking my car up on Wednesday and the deep snow on Friday and Saturday my first real play with my 1.6 SE was driving 6 hours to the mother in laws in deepest darkest Wales.

Driving through high winds, snow, snow drifts and mountain roads I have to say I am really happy with my purchase. Yes the 1.6 is under powered, however it handles really well and climbs the hills fine. Over the 270 miles I have averaged 40 mpg given the new engine and the terrain this beats my old car easily.

The seats and the ride were that good I insisted on driving the whole way and after 5 and 1/2 hours in the saddle there were no soars.

In short it's well worth the wait....it just needs a wash!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
What sort of speeds were you doing and were you happy with the fuel consumption?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm waiting on the 1.6SE myself. I can definitely see a tour of north wales coming on when it lands. I took a trip out to Llangollen last week, then picked up the road to Betwys-y-coed, then on for some seeside air at the Orme in Llandudno before pootling back home. Some beautiful countryside.

Enjoy the Mok

Mac

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speeds varied, motorway was clear so was able to "legally" motor on. As most of the dual carriageways were one lane due to snow averaged 40-60 mph. And the mountain roads the engine was worked hard without too much labouring. For the conditions and the gradients through the mountains, and breaking in the new engine happy with the 40 mpg. I'm sure if it was all motorway the mpg would be nearer the book total

·
Registered
374 Posts
It's only underpowered if you are desperate to go faster. For regular driving at speed limits it sounds perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts