Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A herd of Mokkas was spotted at the port of entry today - all colours, specs and engines - ready to be prepped to go to the dealers over the coming weeks. I know they are a lot pricier but the leather seats really are the business. Can't wait to get a test drive and make up my mind about which engine to go for.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dont know that they are a herd, rare as Unicorn, the collective noun for which is
"A Blessing of Unicorns"

Received yesterday =

Thank you for expressing interest in the Vauxhall Mokka.<strong style="font-size:16px; color: #783020;">

Hello Blum,

We're delighted to let you know that you can be one of the first in the UK to explore and drive it yourself ""“ in Farnborough !

Our exciting Fast Forward event takes place the morning or afternoon of 10 and 11 November - whichever works best for you. We'll be in touch next week with more details but for now, please save the date.

Regards,

The Vauxhall Team

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi, I'm new on here, just got the same mail as you guys about the fast forward event. shame im working both dates on night shifts and have a big family mealto contend with already. anyone who gets to go to the event needs to get lots of pic and reviews out for those of us who cant make it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes, it would be great to get some "advance reviews", but only some 3 weeks to wait until dealers have demonstrators available for (hopefully) test drives of an hour or so. I shall not be impressed if my two local dealers only offer the 10 minute accompanied taster drive

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just out of interest how did you all get the invites? Was it because you were registered on some link on the Vauxhall site or was it through your membership on here?

·
Registered
633 Posts
DCB - Somewhere in what seems the very dim and distant past there was a 'Register your interest' on a Vauxhall UK page

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think I can remember signing up for the Ampera one (and then hearing nothing) but I can't remember if I did it for the Mokka or not. It's a shame as I have friends near Farnborough, it would have been a good day out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well i can't go so if it is 'invite only' you can have mine. I suspect it will be an open to the public type event, but if not you can be me.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks LS, I wondered if someone was up for a bit of identity theft.
Let me know of any updates about it please.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How's this for a con!pre ordered my mokka from Evans Halshaw Kilmarnock.
We agreed a trade of £2000 for my car and i signed the form.
Once home I noticed they had altered my balance outstanding from £1350 to £1100 and my 7%
associates discount was only 5.5% which meant my trade in price was £1650.
When Questioned they said this was because my car was only worth £1500 and to give me a good trade they had to put it through there books this way.
I am most unhappy at loosing £350 on my original trade in offer but don't know what to do as I have signed the order form.
MY ADVICE - DON'T GO NEAR EVANS HALSHAW FOR YOUR MOKKA THEY ARE CONMEN!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
To clarify my above messageThe trade in price on the form is £2000
My associates discount is £350 short of what it should be
I did not notice because I ordered extras and the adjustment to my outstanding balance makes the bottom line look correct.
Yes I feel conned!

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Sorry to hear that - have you had a good chat with them? It shouldn't concern you how they do it as long as you come out with the price agreed I would have thought? Press them for the extra - good luck

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a Tech Line is it? I've been told by two dealers and a broker that there are no 'Partner' discounts on the Tech Line.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I bought my Tigra from Evans Halshaw Nottingham. It was one of the last ones made that they'd bought and registered from Vauxhall in a big batch. They did something similar with the part exchange of my two year old Corsa. They also hadn't explained because it was preregistered it wouldn't be covered under the 0% finance deal so I told them I wanted free official floor mats. They said they would take them off a second hand car but I stuck to my guns and they seemed amazed I was ready to walk away over it and gave in after several lengthy"I'll just talk to my manager" moments.
That wasn't the end of the saga, they then phoned me up later to tell me that the car in their documents and the ones from the finance people had already managed to have been sold and I would have to have a different colour as that is all they had left. I quoted some kind of sales of goods act (I used to be more up on them back then) and eventually they managed to find another one the same colour (though they pulled the same con on someone else but they were happier with the change in colour).

After some chaos putting a bluetooth Parot unit into it that I'd got free and a run in with the service department where they'd led me to believe I had a waiting service when I hadn't and just a general feeling of naftness I haven't been back and now go to Pentagon Daybrook.

·
Registered
182 Posts
!.7 cdti Exclusiv covered by partners discount @ 7% and 0% finance.Evans Halshaw has my £250 deposit or I would have just walked away!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
They might have your 250 pounds but I'm sure it will cost them more if you did walk away, don't be afraid to press them for something to make you feel better.
I think we have gone slightly off topic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yea, Sorry for taking debate off topic I am just so annoyed at allowing myself to be duped.Still really looking forward to getting the car and as everyone is saying I will have another go at them
Thanks for all the support and please check your paperwork carefully!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts