Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the site. I am having issues during lockdown with my Mokka, the temp gauge after a few miles moves up from the middle (norm) to max I stop the car then start up again and the gauge goes back to norm .. looking at my manual I need to get it to a garage to check but they are not open for anyone apart from key workers in my area. any thoughts

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Certainly a dealerships visit if under warranty. (The expansion tank has been checked?)
The workings of the temp gauge/thermostat are discussed here for enlightenment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly a dealerships visit if under warranty. (The expansion tank has been checked?)
The workings of the temp gauge/thermostat are discussed here for enlightenment.

It is under warranty, car is booked in but not until the 3rd June when the garage hopes to be back working after lockdown (Scotland) I had it booked in for Monday but they cancelled. I don’t have a clue about how to check anything in the car..... useless I know (I’ll do a search and see if I can find out how to do that thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just read through the "Engine temperature" thread. I'm sorry but few on that thread understand how an electronically controlled thermostat works, how the temperature gauge works or why a diesel takes longer to warm up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts