Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ordered my Diesel 2wd Techline today, a stock version that my dealer had spotted they could make a killing with - the Techline's list price is £2k less than the Exclusiv and you get a SatNav on top, so the residual value will be higher! Its delivered by 19th Jan too!!!

Replaces my 1st ever car, a beaten up Pug 106, which mechanically has never had an issue, however the electrics are a different matter - losing all motive power at 70 mph in the middle lane of the M20 twice in a week. My suspicion is that somewhere in the wiring loom there is a short circuit. Probably will cost about £600 to get sorted - the car's only worth £200!

So off we went to find a second hand car, but the Mokka winked at me and with a cost of only just over £300 a month with 0 deposit, I was caught - and therefore here I am!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Funny that ! 4 weeks ago I'd never heard of a Mokka then son had a very minor knock in his aged Pug 206 & it wasn't worth him paying the £400 excess to have insurers right it off & give him £100 ! So off we went looking for a used Corsa ........he ended up with a brand new one & whilst he was sorting paperwork out I was slowly falling in love ........a Mokka in the showroom had caught my eye .
Went home mentioned it to hubby, No way did we need a new car.........he only bought himself a 2 yr old Smax 11 months ago, well he took son to collect his corsa , was seduced by the Mokka & went for a test drive ........& the rest is history !
This Mokka certainly has the power of attraction !!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Its great to hear some further adopters to the Mokka, it certianly had eye catching attention; welcome aboard. CarbonFlash and Findles

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Welcome!

Are Vauxhall advertising the Mokka much? It seems a lot of people are finding itaccidentally!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Carbon & Findles,

I still havent seen one on the road or advertised anywhere (other than a demo) and im betweenwatford and Camden every day!!!!!

Just as well though as it will be great to be one of the first to have it!!!!

Cant wait!!! The Fidelio is coming up on Portugal!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked it up yesterday with prerequisite full tank and Mats. Apparently there is a large back order on Mats and I'm my dealers first that has actually driven off with Mats.
Met the inevitable gritter on the way home, so already been out with the sponge and bucket of Turtle Wax.
Going to get it Diamondbrite'd methinks.
The Navi 600 is a lot to get your head around and wouldn't recognise my iPhone 5 straight away, but an hour in Morrison's car park whilst the wife was shopping and I had it all sync'ed.
Other minuscule issues are the lack of safety extras like Warning Triangle and First Aid Kit, and I need to get used to the gear ratios on a 6-speed diesel, after having a petrol 5 that you could pull away in 2nd. 2 full stalls and one saved by the Start-Stop thus far!
Photos to follow!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah I constantly stall diesels, all this 'oooh diesels are better because they have more torque' but yet you can't easily get away with stuff like pulling away in the wrong gear that make petrols so fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was at WJ King to see about getting the Mokka!

Tech Line is not available with the 0% finance, so settled on looking at the Exclusive instead. Part Ex on Vectra was a nice surprise plus 7% discount on associate too

£200 extra for white! No other gadgets or gizmos required, informed that I would be in luck as they had that model in stock so no long wait either. Just got the test drive this Saturday, all goes well with that then papers signed on Saturday and with luck Mokka won't be too long in being rehoused.

Apparently the waiting time now for a Mokka has increased to 6 months!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Techline also wasn't available on 0%, instead the APR was 1.99%. This means a total interest amount over 5 years of £1640 on my spec: 1.7 cdti 2wd manual with spacesaver. That still works out £360 cheaper overall than the Exclusiv, and you get the Navi 600 on top. It's close, but IMHO the Exclusiv on 0% is a bit of a false economy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you will find there is a small discount on the Techline of about £400 I noticed this looking at the partners website today also they are now offering a smaller discount on the Exclusive compared to what I got when I ordered in November.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MALC said:
I think you will find there is a small discount on the Techline of about £400 I noticed this looking at the partners website today also they are now offering a smaller discount on the Exclusive<h1 ="resulter"="" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 20px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; line-height: 1; color: rgb255, 255, 255; : left; width: 590px;">Mokka, Tech Line, 5 Door SUV, 1.6i 16v VVT (115PS) Start/Stop, Petrol, manual</h1><div ="thinline"="" style="margin: 8px 0px 5px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : left; width: 611px; height: 1px; : rgb155, 40, 40; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: 18px;">
<div id="result" style="margin: 7px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : left; width: 645px; : ; bottom: 12px; right: 0px; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: 18px;"> List Price: £15,995
<div ="thinline"="" style="margin: 8px 0px 5px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : left; width: 611px; height: 1px; : rgb155, 40, 40; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: 18px;">
<div id="result" style="margin: 7px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : left; width: 645px; : ; bottom: 12px; right: 0px; color: rgb255, 255, 255; line-height: 18px;"> List Price: £15,995
<h1 ="resulter"="" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 20px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; line-height: 1; color: rgb255, 255, 255; : left; width: 590px;"><strong style="color: rgb255, 102, 102; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; line-height: 18px;">You Save:£407 </h1>]

Edited by: MALC

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got a discount on the Techline, but in the mid hundreds rather than the 000s. but then its 2k cheaper + the Navi600 than the equivalent Exclusiv.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts