Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know that the AFL is actually switched on? How is it actually switched on, I've followed the instructions from the manuall and I don't get the flashing light for 4 seconds.

Page 100 on the Manal.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
isn't that flashing light if you change from RHD to LHD mode? AFL normally does a little dance when it starts up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol,

Oh crap, now reading the bit before that, think you might be right....

It does do the little dance at start up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is it possible to switch AFL off then? I've red of people having loads of problems with it and I pick my 1.7cdti se up next week in wales so will have a long drive down theM4 probably in the dark. If it plays up it will be a nightmare. I've already raised it with the dealer and he's chsing it up for me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
DaveW said:
Is it possible to switch AFL off then? I've red of people having loads of problems with it and I pick my 1.7cdti se up next week in wales so will have a long drive down theM4 probably in the dark. If it plays up it will be a nightmare. I've already raised it with the dealer and he's chsing it up for me.
According to the manual the AFL should switch itself off if it senses a problem. Someone in Korea obviously forgot to tell it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've had issues with AFL on my Astra and despite the manual I've never see it shut off the headlight when the the warning light came on, even when said headlight was stuck pointing up and left.

You can't disable AFL on any xenon light (while it's on) as to do so would be to break the law.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts