Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my stop start randomly works. If I come to a complete stop it doesn’t seem to turn the engine off, however if I’ve parked up and turned the ignition key but not taken it out, after 10 mins the engine will just start out of nowhere. Is there a button where I can just switch it off?

Also I which buttons do the de-misting? Again that seems to be a random thing.I have a Petrol Mokka X 1.4

·
Registered
Black Mokka X 1.4 T Active 2019 {from new}
173 Posts
how olds the car? could be battery low on charge so stop start won't activate until charge is up, demist controls location by the heater controls vary year of car.
No drivers manual I presume.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Reactions: Bonny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how olds the car? could be battery low on charge so stop start won't activate until charge is up, demist controls location by the heater controls vary year of car.
No drivers manual I presume.
Hi the car is a 66 plate (4yrs?) I found the rear demist button but maybe I’m being bit thick with the front one? I lost the drivers manual when I was moving house...can’t find it anywhere.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi the car is a 66 plate (4yrs?) I found the rear demist button but maybe I’m being bit thick with the front one? I lost the drivers manual when I was moving house...can’t find it anywhere.
Click on the link "wellinever" has sent above for stop start issue lots of good info.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Turn mine off as soon as I get engine started, find its a pain in the Butt, good business for the starter motor suppliers who get sell you replacement when all that stop start wears it out quicker.

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
231 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Stop /Start will not engage if your battery is not 100% up to the task, even if one battery cell is below par. Just leave it 'on' and you will soon get used to it.
This is worth a read:
Aware of the points RAC highlight, starter parts and battery definitely take a beating in my onion but my main gripe is the stop start cutting in at busy junctions roundabouts etc when all the early morning fast boys are out and about.
Feel a lot more in control with it off in these situations.
Have never left car idling in longer stop stationary traffic, and turn off around marked turn off when idling zones, schools, shopping areas, drive throughs etc.(agree stop start works ok in these situations , no junctions or roundabouts)
Common sense really been doing it for years, its a personnel thing really if there's a clamp down on idling could always move to a Mokka e.
Thanks for Info.

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
231 Posts
Thanks for Info.
It was really for Bonnie to make a judgement, but I'm glad it helps :). I've have never switched mine off and find it simply 'works'. I've read lots of stuff about S/S from various magazines including Practical Mechanics etc about the technology and improvements in metals and oils, all main stream cars are fitted with stop/start so unless you do go electric might as well use it. Plus with the price of fossil fuel going up almost every month even saving a small drop helps your wallet;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi my stop start randomly works. If I come to a complete stop it doesn’t seem to turn the engine off, however if I’ve parked up and turned the ignition key but not taken it out, after 10 mins the engine will just start out of nowhere. Is there a button where I can just switch it off?

Also I which buttons do the de-misting? Again that seems to be a random thing.I have a Petrol Mokka X 1.4
above
Pocket at bottom of console, you will see two buttons one on right should have a circle with an A on it, this is your start stop, there is also a telltale light on same, button on left should be for parking sensors, if you haven't got owners manual with car, get one from vauxhall, it should have come with car anyway

·
Registered
41 Posts
above
Pocket at bottom of console, you will see two buttons one on right should have a circle with an A on it, this is your start stop, there is also a telltale light on same, button on left should be for parking sensors, if you haven't got owners manual with car, get one from vauxhall, it should have come with car anyway
It's a push to make and push to brake switch, not anything to do with brakes on the car, if your telltale light is on, push switch, light goes out, auto stop is off, if telltale light is off, push switch, light comes on, auto stop is on,.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's a push to make and push to brake switch, not anything to do with brakes on the car, if your telltale light is on, push switch, light goes out, auto stop is off, if telltale light is off, push switch, light comes on, auto stop is on,.
After 5 months since posting im sure the OP has got to the bottom of the issue after receiving sound advice all that time ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts