Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought vauxhall mokka 1.6 petrol 2015 from copart it had starting problem. my local electrician changed its ecu, bcm and whole meter etc. and programed, car got started perfectly only thing was the dash screen was showing LOCKED and while putting on computer it was showing different chases number.
After 2 months of perfectly running car suddenly stopped and is not starting again with same problem. I don't know what to do now. please help me out.

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
So you bought it at auction knowing the faults? Have you the V5C (log book) showing the VIN number?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know that my VIN number is different when I took my car to a technician yesterday he told me your VIN number is not matching with the car and he can not find the problem.
Can you please suggest me what should I do with it and how can I resolve my problem?

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would think that the ECU from another vehicle has been used but not been cloned to the original Ecu's identity, probably why they changed the BCM and other bits and why the radio is showing locked. Not really a problem unless the parts are from a stolen vehicle.
Saying that it doesn't solve the starting issues you're having. Good luck.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Give it back and tell them to sort it or you don’t want it .citing not fit for purpose

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Cars bought from auctions don't usually have any redress, save for if they do not belong to the seller.

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
Regardless of ECU's or BCM's if the Vin number on the car doesn't match the one in the V5C (log book) I'd give it a miss.

Advice from the AA.......

Buying a used car at a live auction
At a live auction you’ll have very little legal protection:

• Check the specific terms and conditions of the auction before bidding – if your rights under the sale of goods act are excluded then you're buying 'sold as seen' and should check the car over thoroughly before bidding.
  • Generally the auctioneer won't be liable if the seller doesn't have the right to sell the car in the first place – if it is stolen for example. Any comeback you may have will be against the seller himself, if you can find him.
  • Some auctions offer 'guarantees' or 'insurance' for an extra sum, but any rights are limited, so check the wording on any paperwork carefully.
  • There may be a cooling off period too but this is likely to be very short.
updated 22 August 2018

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
He didn't say the VIN fixed to the car was wrong, only the system displayed VIN, which would be down to changing the modules,(assuming used parts) as well as locking the radio, seems he needs a more knowledgeable auto electrician.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts