Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Alas not. The dealer said that the only way to recreate the issue is to take it on a long motorway run and then immediately enter stop/start, but that wouldn't necessarily source the issue..!
Stop/start works fine in town, so generally I'll turn the Eco button off when reaching the end of my motorway run, and the stop/start doesn't kick in...

Now, if someone could answer why my iPhone only works occasionally on the Navi 600, I'd be most grateful!

·
Administrator
10,814 Posts
CarbonFlash said:
Now, if someone could answer why my iPhone only works occasionally on the Navi 600, I'd be most grateful!

Off topic here, but question could be asked/found in the many topics under Navi 600 iphone fault in the search box.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The stopping after a long run and struggling to re-start is a classic crank sensor fault.....which canalso show no fault codes. They can suffer from heat soak and the CPS signal is weakest when cranking making it harder to restart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate that useless stop-start crap too. It took me a while to get used to it and really hate the fact that its always ON unless you push the button to switch it off. Opel needs to learn to respect their customers freedom of choice and not impose their crappy concepts that no one asked for such as the horrible two tone seatbelt reminder beep wich can't be shut off except by fastening it.
However I found out that the start/stop doesn't bother me much as it actually doesn't work 90% of the time LOL fail
Here's why:
-It doesn't work as long as the engine is cold
-It doesn't work when it rains (?!) in Belgium thats 80% of the time
-It doesn't work with your head lights on
-It doesn't work when its cold and have the heater on
-It doesn't work when its sunny and you've turned on the AC
and best of all:
-It doesn't work when you've got the clutch in first gear while waiting for the traffic light to turn green (wich I now always do unless I want the car to wait in limbo when in a long wait traffic jam) Edited by: Meisme

·
Registered
788 Posts
Don't blame Opel......blame the bureaucrats who are sat in the over funded Brussels offices.
Start stop on all vehicles is as a resultof poorly structured and thought through emission tests........hence why all the manufacturers use it.

Thankfully its easy to defeat (I suspect this may be by design......) with subtle changes to your driving style

·
Administrator
10,814 Posts
Meisme said:
It doesn't work when you'vegot the clutch in first gear while waiting for the traffic light to turn green(wich I now always do unless I want the car to wait in limbo when in a long wait traffic jam)
Motorist who do this, subconsciously tend to ride the clutch. Anytime the clutch is not fully released or fully engaged, it is being worn and they are now pretty expensive to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I commute 25 miles along the M20 every morning. At my regular off junction there is a set of traffic lights at the top of the slip road, so the Mok goes from 70mph to Start-stop in about 200metres. When the lights change and I drop the clutch, the engine struggles to start with a dodgy sounding rattle. The issue doesn't happen in any other situations. Any thoughts?
Did you get this fixed? Mine does exactly the same! 🤔

21 - 29 of 29 Posts