Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute 25 miles along the M20 every morning. At my regular off junction there is a set of traffic lights at the top of the slip road, so the Mok goes from 70mph to Start-stop in about 200metres. When the lights change and I drop the clutch, the engine struggles to start with a dodgy sounding rattle. The issue doesn't happen in any other situations. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is with the starting again once the engine has entered Start-stop. No issues if I don't allow the engine to turn off

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had another bad episode of this today. Drove at 70mph for 20 mins, then slowed to a stop on the same sliproad. I stupidly let it go into Start Stop, then it would not start again - same grumbly rattle and nothing. Sat there like a lemon trying to get the thing started. After turning it fully off for 5 seconds, then fully back on it started, but would only rev to 2000. Drove the last half mile to work car park with no further issues, and tried the start stop again in the car park - no issues!
The problem is only directly after a long run at motorway speeds. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Probably a sensor gone faulty. Time to go to dealers me thinks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CarbonFlash said:
Had another bad episode of this today. Drove at 70mph for 20 mins, then slowed to a stop on the same sliproad. I stupidly let it go into Start Stop, then it would not start again - same grumbly rattle and nothing. Sat there like a lemon trying to get the thing started. After turning it fully off for 5 seconds, then fully back on it started, but would only rev to 2000. Drove the last half mile to work car park with no further issues, and tried the start stop again in the car park - no issues!
The problem is only directly after a long run at motorway speeds. Does anyone have any similar experiences?
Yes! My daughters does this once every so often, dealer can't find anything wrong, no fault codes nothing! Just trying to get it to repeat again, hopefully, will video the event.

It basically goes into stop start mode, tries to restart, however just judders and clunks, then repeats this several times until you switch it off fully for at least 10 seconds then it restarts 1st time no problems!

Trouble is it usually waits until you are in traffic, and you can't mess around trying to take video evidence.

One day....just one day ...I'll be ready!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys can anyone help at all I have a 2015 mokka 1.4 turbo it has been into dealership twice for tpms and fixed but a new problem has occurred the s/stop system keeps cutting out I have only 400 miles and I drove the car on holidays with a full load and grand daughters as well but the car worked ok then stopped when normal and at roundabouts and would start on its own without using the clutch it was still cutting out as well as starting on its own can someone tell me what the problem is my family was very scared indeed as well as myself I don't know what the problem is if anyone can help it would be most appreciated

·
Registered
112 Posts
The self starting is normal. The engine will start back up againduring an auto stop, without dipping the clutch,whenever it detects that it needs to - usual to maintain battery charge/air con, etc.. It shouldn`t be stopping though as you are driving along for no reason.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
007 JAMES BOND said:
Hi guys can anyone help at all I have a 2015 mokka 1.4 turbo it has been into dealership twice for tpms and fixed but a new problem has occurred the s/stop system keeps cutting out I have only 400 miles and I drove the car on holidays with a full load and grand daughters as well but the car worked ok then stopped when normal and at roundabouts and would start on its own without using the clutch it was still cutting out as well as starting on its own can someone tell me what the problem is my family was very scared indeed as well as myself I don't know what the problem is if anyone can help it would be most appreciated

It will also auto start if you open the door, best have a long read of the manual to see when it does and doesn't..

Edited by: Bandit

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,651 Posts
If you were using the climate control with the aircon on, it will auto start after a short time, providing it decides to stop in the first place.

·
Administrator
10,811 Posts
As this thread was started way back in February byCarbonFlash, I just wondered if the problem had been rectified?

·
Registered
326 Posts
wellinever said:
As this thread was started way back in February byCarbonFlash, I just wondered if the problem had been rectified?
Not if it takes 3 month for "Seat Belts" spares to come. VX seem to be getting a bit slow in rectifying faults.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the advise about my problem I will have a good read of the manual and take it from there if not back to the dealership I have only had the car since March this year starting to get annoyed with it all but thanks to all for looking at my post

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
007 JAMES BOND said:
Thanks to everyone for the advise about my problem I will have a good read of the manual and take it from there if not back to the dealership I have only had the car since March this year starting to get annoyed with it all but thanks to all for looking at my post

A lot of us including me switch it off as soon as we start up.

·
Administrator
10,811 Posts
I switch off at times once I'm behind the wheel, (I haven't got stop/start) I find it less stressful.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
wellinever said:
I switch off at times once I'm behind the wheel, (I haven't got stop/start) I find it less stressful.

I find doing the crossword as I circumnavigate the M25 always helps relieve stress...

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,651 Posts
Bandit said:
wellinever said:

I find doing the crossword as I circumnavigate the M25 always helps relieve stress...
Cryptic or Coffee Time?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts