Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking for a bit of info, I have a 2013 mokka exclusive 4x4 diesel 1.7, I have been experiencing trouble with the lovely start stop system. The fault is it will switch of the engine when it's meant to but when you depress the clutch to restart and carry on your journey this is where the problem comes, As the engine won't restart. The engine trys to restart but won't and while it is trying the engine makes a terrible noise like a tractor starting. It will switch its self off again and then try to start again this will happen a further two or three times then the engine kicks into life and away you go. The above happened again over the weekend except this time after it went through the above process I then lost the clutch pedal and had manually lift the pedal, I then repressed the clutch pedal to get the car to start finally got the car to start and when I went to drive off as I started to lift the clutch it bit right away and the car stalled and I was back to the start again, to cut a very very long story short got the car going, got to where I was going checked the fluid level for the clutch as was fine and car seems to be fine now, anyone heard of similar fault, help would be appreciated as car booked into garage on Friday and have a funny feeling ill have a fight on my hands with the technical people.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. 2013 Mokk from new. Life time warranty. Reported this to my dealer in 2018. Because it did not happen when they had the car they said there was nothing wrong and it was not showing on the computer. They have had it three times now. Finally in November 2018 they admitted “Vauxhall have just released a Bulletin to Dealers for a Repair kit for the Clutch Actuator/Slave Cylinder and we cannot order these parts for Another 2-3 weeks, around the 21st December. As soon as we can order these, we will but bearing in mind it Christmas and. New Year and the demand that is expected we will be looking Mid January at the earliest. As soon as we get the Authority to order we will and I will be in contact. with you, In the meantime please do not use the Eco Mode “

Today they tell me that Vauxhall won’t cover anything until the fault happens to the dealer when they have the car and even then it may or may not be covered by the warranty. I am not impressed as you can imagine. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. I finally managed to get it to do it at the dealers.
If it’s any help I found out it tends to play up more when it warm and done a lot of clutch changes. I then took it to the dealer and got them to get there engineer to go out straight away to the car.
They did say after they had seen the fault that they had not had or heard of this issue at all, but said they had “Relearned the clutch pedal”, but if it carried on then they would have to remove the gear box and inspect / replace the clutch at around £1500.00.
I am now going to go back and see them after reading this.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
They'l be saying next the clutch pedal needs to go on an intensive clutching course! do you have the lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Find as many people with the same issue and raise it with Watchdog. Sometimes that's the only avenue to take when firms mess you around. I'd be absolutely livid if there's a genuine fault and I'm being fed a load of bull to delay work or not to do it altogether, especially if I had a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got a 63 reg 1.7 cdti tech line mokka. Had it for around 3 years and it’s a great car. But suddenly began having issues with the stop/start feature. Let me stress that the car has absolutely no issues starting usually, except when it’s stopped started. The issue is when stopped for a short time or at traffic lights etc and the stop/start kicks in.. it then struggles to start up again.. and when I mean struggles it sounds like a bloody tractor and judders all over the place and the clutch peddle sticks to the floor (only ever does this when the stop/start plays up) So I then have to completely turn the engine off and try again, sometimes starting up immediately and others taking 4-5 attempts! Not ideal when at traffic lights. So I’ve come to the point where I’m avoiding using the stop/start wherever possible but sometimes I forget. Any advice on what this could be? What possibly needs fixing? How much etc? Or can I just turn the stop/start feature off completely? Thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
New battery, just spotted what DSM mentioned. If theres no clutch pedal sticking down then yeah battery but id look at what he says AND a new battery as it not turning over fast enough causes the what you said as i had it on mine apart from the clutch issue.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Seems to be a common problem, others have suffered on the 1.7 cdti, in the majority
of cases it is the onset of, Dual Mass Flywheel/ clutch failure, especially with you saying
the clutch pedal is sticking down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to be a common problem, others have suffered on the 1.7 cdti, in the majority
of cases it is the onset of, Dual Mass Flywheel/ clutch failure, especially with you saying
the clutch pedal is sticking down
Thanks, yeah I’ve read a few others saying the same thing but no one really had a definitive answer or ways to resolve it.. I’m 100% not car savvy at all so I’m looking into anything.. but when clutch failure keeps being mentioned.. how come I have no issue with clutch any other time except for when it won’t restart after stop/start? Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
This is what i and others have failed to make a connection to, as an engine starting has no bearing to a clutch or dual mass flywheel as the starter drives the engine side of the flywheel not the transmission side its a solid gear in effect. You could remove the gearbox, clutch and sprung part of the DMF and the engine would run and start independently.
In all my years even faulty clutches dont make the pedal go down, if the CSC fails then yes it can drop and not come back up but not of its own accord.
Special things these Mokka's lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what i and others have failed to make a connection to, as an engine starting has no bearing to a clutch or dual mass flywheel as the starter drives the engine side of the flywheel not the transmission side its a solid gear in effect. You could remove the gearbox, clutch and sprung part of the DMF and the engine would run and start independently.
In all my years even faulty clutches dont make the pedal go down, if the CSC fails then yes it can drop and not come back up but not of its own accord.
Special things these Mokka's lol
Yeah exactly it’s all abit confusing. Other then this issue the car runs smoothly.. is there a way to just turn the stop/start off forever? Or is that just ignoring the problem lol?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts