Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we took delivery of our Mokka X yesterday. Really, really super car. Wanted integrated Dashcam and standalone Satnav cables fitted. At Halfords today we're told no can do as the fuse box on the left behind the glove compartment does not have capacity for two...one or the other....so we went for the Dashcam. However we are not quite sure that what we were advised is correct or not. We have a TomTom Premium and prefer the right screen mount as opposed to the projection in the infotainment display. Anyone done something similar ie two integrated cables? Thank you

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Dashcam and satnav are both low power devices, there is no reason at all they cannot both be powered from the fuse box, or indeed the same fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dashcam and satnav are both low power devices, there is no reason at all they cannot both be powered from the fuse box, or indeed the same fuse.
Thank you very much...we were told 'they will be next to each other and will cancel one another out'....🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
196 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother with the 'stand alone' SatNav. I find using the Android Auto mapping system via the infotainment screen so much better than my TomTom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks...I have similar on my Corsa...the only negative is that the screen is too low down...🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
Black Mokka X 1.4 T Active 2019 {from new}
84 Posts
You should have no issues with hardwiring both of those devices to a power supply, the car power runs on a can system I believe so wiring add ons / power points etc have recommended pick up points on the vehicle.
Any good aftermarket car audio / gadget dealer will be able to install the correct wiring with the benefit of having it out of view.
If your confident to wire this yourself you can find this info online.
Just pop your nav back on the screen when you want it power cable is out the way on lower dash area or wherever you fit the unit.
Might cost a few bob but looks good and does not intrude on existing circuits.

Just a suggestion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts