Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning i have been reading up on the stall problem on the 1.7 cdti and i am now thinking of canceling my order for the wifes new car ,is this still a problem or have vauxhall sorted it really need your feed back as im close to canceling it now we are down to pick it up next saturday so need your help ,cheers rick

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Many members don't have a problem, and others do. Vauxhall put it down to your Driving Style. I've had it happen once in 14 months. It hasn't put me off the car, it's great.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not a problem for me and my cars coming up to 2 years old. Remember most people only go on car forums to have a moan and find out if other owners have the same issues. Would also be interesting to know if cars registered in the last 6 months are still affected. Some of the latest reports maybe cars that have been returned and bought second hand so the problem has never been fixed Edited by: Big Mac

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Would I be right in thinking that a new car ordered now, would have the new 1.6cdti engine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank gents please keep it coming ,the car was registered 31,12 14 has 10 miles on the clock and is 1.7 cdti se cost 16 grand on the road,we were going to go for a 1.4 se auto but this the car offered seams a very good price

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have the same vehicle and not had a problem i believe you have to adapt driving style to the vehicle
but nothing untoward

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
I would advise your wife should take the 1.7d manual on an extended test drive (hours) which should convince her one way or the other. Have you also considered the mileage your wife would cover per year? If it's low with short journeys then a problem could be with the DPF. You mentioned the 1.4t auto. which my wife has found both excellent, smooth, quiet, very responsive and no problems. The choice is her's.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It's happened to me a few times. It's when I don't change down in time when I've changed my mind at the last minute and I've had to cut speed rapidly, hence driving style.in these situations I've been slowing down I.e braking so it cutting out has been an inconvenience rather than a danger. It never happens otherwise. It is for me a minor issue and I love the car despite this. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It happened a couple of times in the first week to my wife and myself when we got the car ( Nov 2014 ) but i understand the problem with the cutting out is simply the AUTO STOP activating due to the revs being to low, and with diesels being lower revving than petrol vehicles they are more prone to the AUTO-STOP activating.But since the first week we have never had it happen again, because i suppose we have adapted our driving style to suit the car. My wife drives the Mokka 90% of the time and she loves it to bits
and so do i when i get the chance.

Has this ever happened to anyone when they have had the AUTO-STOP turned off ????

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Ibbo said:
It happened a couple of times in the first week to my wife and myself when we got the car ( Nov 2014 ) but i understand the problem with the cutting out is simply the AUTO STOP activating due to the revs being to low, and with diesels being lower revving than petrol vehicles they are more prone to the AUTO-STOP activating.But since the first week we have never had it happen again, because i suppose we have adapted our driving style to suit the car. My wife drives the Mokka 90% of the time and she loves it to bits
and so do i when i get the chance.

Has this ever happened to anyone when they have had the AUTO-STOP turned off ????

I never have it on so yes it does happen whether it's on or off..My only advice is change down early as I do now or knock it out of gear and the problem has not happened since. The car will probably still be going this year though not down to that problem

Edited by: Bandit

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My diesel Meriva did this too albeit a little less easily so again down to low revs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
After 2 years and 14000 miles mine still does it every couple of weeks or so. One day it will cause a serious accident. It had its second service last month so any updates should have been added but it still does it just the same. Out of interest can any one name another car manufacturer that states you must change your driving style to drive their cars safely?????? Utter rubbish Vauxhall!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had my Mokka 4 months and never had cutting out problems.
I agree with Tosher regarding Vx comments blaming driving style for engine cut out.--Rubbish!
Their is obviously a fault on some of the Mokkas causing the problem.
It beggars belief that some Moka owners accept VX explanation.
VX will know there is a fault but would not and could not addmit to it because of possible Litigation.They may or may not even know what the fault is.

What impact would addmision of a major fault have on new car sales !

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
mokkamesher said:
I have had my Mokka 4 months and never had cutting out problems.
I agree with Tosher regarding Vx comments blaming driving style for engine cut out.--Rubbish!
Their is obviously a fault on some of the Mokkas causing the problem.
It beggars belief that some Moka owners accept VX explanation.
VX will know there is a fault but would not and could not addmit to it because of possible Litigation.They may or may not even know what the fault is.

What impact would addmision of a major fault have on new car sales !

Nor does mine cut out now as I change down early, the wife has never had it cut out as she drives the driving school way, so it does make a difference, point being, it shouldn't!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some owners do drive using either old style, new style, boy racer style and stil have the problem of cutting out.So it makes no difference to them.
The only point that matters is that some Mokkas are faulty and should be rectied urgently by VX before some one has a nasty accident.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the mokka 1600cc 2016 semi auto with stop start.always cutting out ..had the unit cleaned out of carbon but still the same after90 miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts