Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Speedcam navi 600

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  stomach 
#1 ·
When i had my Insignia i had the same 600 Navi as the Mokka hear is an update from the link below. I installed it on my Insignia and as it only shows the position of the speed cameras it doesen`t warn you when they are coming up.My mate with a Insignia VXR with Navi 900 was excellent as it warned him and distance from the camera all in all i found it an excellent tool for the Nav system and have now put it on my Mokka and the Mrs GTC as she also has the navi 600.

It takes about 15 minutes to install.

http://www.speedcamupdates.com/Opel-Navi-600

Edited by: FX_Red

See less See more
#3 ·
jcol said:
Exactly what the tomtom does

Yes but why use a tom tom when u have a navi system.

#6 ·
jcol said:
Not everyone has an in built system and you therefore cannot beat the tomtom with fixed and portable cams marked alongside road speed limits and free map up dates

i have two tom tom keeps them for emergency just incase all ways handy to have.

#7 ·
Dawn said:
With so many speed related deaths, why speed? J/S

It is not the point of speeding it is so you don`t get 3 points for speeding.

#9 ·
Dawn said:
FX_Red said:
Dawn said:
With so many speed related deaths, why speed? J/S

It is not the point of speeding it is so you don`t get 3 points for speeding.
That makes no sense. Don't speed and avoid points, Speed restrictions are there for a reason.

Like we all stick to the road speed i do all the time but if i am in a different city/ town/ a road /b road i still like to know if their is a sneaky speed camera waiting to relive me of £80 and 3 points.

#11 ·
End of the day the point of speed camera detection is every one wonders off the speed limit and how many times do people don`t know what speed the road is and have missed the sign. I do not condone speeding i leave all that to track days.

#12 ·
Lets be fair about complying with the speed limit, its true that some roads have changing speed restrictions i.e. 50 to 30 and then up to 40, in a short distance, with the best of intentions people sometimes stray over the limit marginally and that can result in a camera flash. I try to set my limiter whenever i can and the tom tom is a further reminder of the camera which reminds me to double check. Happy to continue to use the tomtom. I could disable the cameras but cannot see the point, its an extra safety system as far as I am concerned.

#13 ·
jcol said:
Lets be fair about complying with the speed limit, its true that some roads have changing speed restrictions i.e. 50 to 30 and then up to 40, in a short distance, with the best of intentions people sometimes stray over the limit marginally and that can result in a camera flash. I try to set my limiter whenever i can and the tom tom is a further reminder of the camera which reminds me to double check. Happy to continue to use the tomtom. I could disable the cameras but cannot see the point, its an extra safety system as far as I am concerned.

Well said.

#15 ·
1675leec said:
hi there
thanks for link just downloaded file onto memory stick ready for my mokka .

should have my mokka in the next 10 days

thanks again

your welcome

#16 ·
Looks interesting, though I often don't bother having camera warnings turned on it could be useful to have. How would I upload this to the Navi600 unit in the car?

I've been in touch with VCSaboutupdating the maps I got with mine as I made the point that when Iboughtmy Garmin unit it came with a free update to the latest set of maps. Been a few days now and still waiting for a reply.

#20 ·
Love Stallion said:
Is this a straight upload to the SD Card? I was under the impression the Navi uses WORM SD cards so i'm curious as to where i put the downloaded file?
Apparently there are points of interest and points of interest!
i) Predefined Points of Interest stored on the map SD card and indicated by icons on the map display
ii) Imported POIs: favourite destination addresses that were previously stored on a USB drive and then imported to the myPOIs memory of the Infotainment system.
From Infotainment manual. These can be imported and exported.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.