Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can tell me what size the factory installed speakers are and how readily they are designed to be replaced?

·
Registered
110 Posts
tetchmeister said:
Seems that the Buick Encore has a fancy Bose option, with noise cancelling!
Http://tinyurl.com/ahp2rus
Wouldn't mind some of that action.
hmm interesting i wonder how much
.i was thinking of the same thing i dont like the base of the speakers on mine sometimes its a bit distorted. i was hoping someday that blum could give as a step by step procedures on how to remove or upgrade speakers lol

Edited by: mastermyk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Changing the speakers is usually every simple. Its two cables one usually red one usually black. On most speakers it doesnt matter which way round the cables go. The difficutly becomes when the joints are solid connections and not push fit. I havnt got my mokka yet but i intended to be upgrading the speakers as soon as possible. There rubbish. Im a little disapointed in how much spec as gone into the car then they let it down on somthing so simple and cheap.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have upgraded lots of car speakers in the past I have the uprated speakers in the astra and a nice small Vibe Slick bass box with a high frequency input on the amp so I could splice into the exsisting rear speaker wires.

I may upgrade again but it depends on what the navi 600 and the standard speakers are like. When I installed the CD70 navi in my Astra, from the word go it sounded so much better than the old CD30 mp3 and then when I installed the uprated speakers that came with the CD70 it sounded better still.

Changing speakers should really be a doddle it's just finding he right size speakers to fit.

Andy

Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
11 Posts
I changed all my door speakers to infinity 6.5", simple enough job to do. I bought speaker brackets on ebay at £10 a set. The sound was very disappointing and after a couple of months I put the factory speakers back in which sounded better. I don't think the radio is powerful enough to power anything else.

To improve the sound I bought 4 silent coat door kits (starter kit) £12 each on eBay. The difference is amazing, car is slightly quieter and the speakers sound so much better, nice solid bass. Also a nice solid "thunk" when you close the doors "sounds like a golf"
Edited by: Redbul50

·
Registered
11 Posts
Removing the door panels involves removing two screws( one behind the door handle, just remove the small panel with something sharp, knife or small flat screw driver. Second is in the arm rest little cubby hole/handle lift cover to reveal screw. This is the same for all doors) then firmly pull and lift the panel off. Remove door opening cable and window motor cables which just unplug. Takes a couple minutes per door. Fitting the speakers you will need to remove the old speaker , one screw, and unplug the wiring.

Fit the new speakers into the new bracket, splice onto the wiring, insert and screw the speaker into the door.

The brackets are the insignia, Meriva, Astra 2010 onwards speaker brackets. Around £10 a set.
But to be honest I would recommend applying sound deadening first as it improves your sound drastically and makes the car a little quieter.

This is the sound deadening kit I used. I think it is a real bargain for what you get at around £12 on eBay. This is not always available though so you may have to look around for it. You would need 1 kit per door, I could have used an extra 4 sheets of the deadening sheets to have a better finish.
I couldn't compare this to Dynamat or any other products as this is the first time I have used sound deadening products.

www.silentcoat.co.uk/vibration-damping/silent-coat-starter-set

I will try post a few pics, not very good ones as I couldn't see my phone screen in the sunlight

This is the front interior door panel, I did both inside, outside and sound damping around the speaker on the door card Edited by: Redbul50

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
flash22 said:
And on the 4th day he resurrected a 3+ year old thread

There was a link provided for a member who failed to use the search function which lead to this thread, otherwise I'm not in the habit of resurrecting old threads. And it was actually the first day unless you use a different calender to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts