Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Going to be replacing spark plugs on my mokka. Bought a Haynes manual thinking it may guide me here but nothing in it indicating what the gap should be set on the spark plugs. Any info would be greatly appreciated. NGK spark plugs on a 1.6 petrol. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
That’s bad, of all places you’d think the manual would tell you it’s a joke if it doesn’t. Take the manual back and tell them to stick it, I’d ring my local dealer and ask them to check it on TIS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haynes manuals aren’t what they used to be. I remember my fiesta one literally told me socket sizes and everything in great detail. Now it’s just “remove screws” and “take off bolts” etc

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think if you buy them for the Mokka they are preset .or used to be

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My concern is one plug will fit several cars so wasn’t sure if they’d all have the same setting or not

·
Registered
508 Posts
Always check, a garage told a mate of mine the spark plugs come pre-gapped for his V6 2.8t Signum. Thinking it could be the higher boost map we were playing with until i got him to double check the new plugs. They should be .7mm for it to be able to spark under that pressure he found them to be all over the place even 1mm !! After he painfully regapped them as theres no space for the rear bank it ran perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok are you referring to the 0.7 for the mokka or your mates car? Because I’m seeing a generic 0.6 floating about

1 - 19 of 19 Posts