Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on here in various threads that people keep mentioning Space Saver spare wheels.. are these available to order as an 'extra' or is this an aftermarket job?
I wasn't told or given the option of opting for a classic spare wheel when i placed my order, just that my car will include a <strike>Watchdog Special</strike> tyre inflation kit.

What's the word then peeps... is this something i should chase up? I would prefer a space saver over a £2.99 bottle of B&Q Expanding Foam Filler.

·
Registered
633 Posts

Was on the Options in September when I ordered, this is Octobers.
Have you ordered Flexifix?

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, didn't order Flexfix as don't have any need for it. That picture showing the options is the first i've seen of it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I don't believe it intially was an option and it still isn't on the configurator on the Vauxhall website but you can certainly order it as a factory option for £100. I think you're going to have to chase it up to see if you can get a dealer fitted one.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just download the latest (October) price guide for all the options, including the spacesaver spare wheel. There's a lot of detail in the price guide that should have been included in the main brochure IMHO

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive just looked at the 3July 2012 Brochure, which i kept and the option for the spare wheel is in there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just had a chat with my dealer to see if i can get this fitted now or whether it will be after market. Either way i've told him that as this wasn't bought to my attention by the original sales rep i dealt wilth i'll only be paying £100. he semed to reluctantly agree.
He's getting back to me

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Inflation kit is standard, although you can opt for a spacer saver wheel which includes a jack and brace etc for £100. Didn't fancy either of those so I ordered a full size alloy wheel/tyre/etc when I placed my order.
This wasn't brought to my attention by the dealer until I brought it up as I had read that most cars are now coming with an inflation kit only and if you have to use it you would need replace the tyre. Edited by: KevYouson

·
Registered
633 Posts
I didnt think they would sell a wheel & tyre, but I suppose it is just a part.
How much was that Kev, the 215/55/18 Conti 1s £133+ alone.

Tyre fitters will tell you inflation goo cant be cleaned out, untrue, generally water based.

Can anybody tell me the part number or preferably 'pm' me a photo of the gas strut label?
Found a firm that will shorten them for a fiver a side, but I'll probably replace and keep originals.
Its either that or stilts for the Missus.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A lot of dish as they have priced separately for wheel jack and tyre etc. with vat is £550. I didn't want a space saver wheel. They said that it should fit in the wheel well. Also kept emissions/tax level down as bought separately. Edited by: KevYouson

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
£550 for the whole cabundle. Keeps emissions down as bought separately so no change in tax. Should hopefully fit in the wheel well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
we got a spacesaver in ours, even the rep was as suprised as i was, as that was one thing that concerned me in case we got a puncture that was too big to blow up, and i have had a puncture before on a previous car that this happened on and we had to order a tyre for the next day as none were available, we wer glad of the spare then !

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The guys at FastForward seemed to think there was room for a full size spare. Looking at my photo from the event there does seem to extra space.
I had a nail through my tyre on my Tigra with no space saver (cheaper models have one) with a half hour trip home one night. It wasn't a nice trip home but at least there were two services on the way back to get some more air.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not Mokka related, but relevant to those ordering.
The Missus got home this morning from a 4 day Christmas shopping trip, do you think I should try a bottle of tyre gunge to re-inflate this?

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I know shopping trips at this time of year can be rough but what the heck happened to that?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ordered mine with space saver, although im kinda gutted to be losing the lovely acre of space under the floor, I dont want to get stranded when a tyre decides to part company with the vehicle.

·
Registered
633 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
I know shopping trips at this time of year can be rough but what the heck happened to that?
She was driving across QE2 bridge (M25) heard a 'funny noise from the back' stopped the other side of the toll booths, by which time there was a bit of damage to the tyre, wheel is fine though.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts