Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having briefly looked the spec of the mokka, would I be right in saying it does not come with a spare wheel? If not does anyone know if its an option?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Correct, a lot of cars don't come with a spare wheel or a space saver these days for whatever daft reason. You get a useless emergency repair kit instead.The spacesaver wheel is an option that can be added but you can't have it in conjunction with the flexfit bike carrier - they share the same space under the boot floor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I would put a R16 radius on to temporary replace my 18 inch alloy ?

This would mean the Mokka would be leaning to which ever corner has the wheel on, I guess this is why you should only drive slowly with these space savers..

I have ordered my Mokka in Summit white, 1.6 Exclusiv, but didn't know about the spare wheel only being £100 if you ordered with car DOH !!!

Thanks for the info, i'm a bit clueless on wheels and sizes.

Edited by: amokka

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanks Big Mac, that clears that up then. I will price up 125/70/R16 space saver up then.. I am certainly not paying the £200 from Vauxhall.

Cheers.
amokka

·
Registered
633 Posts
Big Mac said:
The 70 profile should ensure the wheel is the same radius as the standard alloy. Just nowhere near as wide
I am afraid it wont. the 70 is a % of the tyre width, not a dimension.
The difference in tyre size is dramatic!

The difference being 69.37-58.14 / 2 (on new tyres) = 5.615cm
Thats a tadd over 2 inches down on that corner!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Andy_H said:
Shame they dont carpet the hole like they do on the none spare wheel versions lol :)
Now there's an idea, if you did cover it, how much space is there between that and the false floor?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thank you for that MgMIdget
& welcome!!

I dont have the space saver in mine and as i also dont have the flex fit i have a big wheel like space under the false panel that would cover the spare.

The car i saw on the forecort had flexfit so it only had the 2inch gap which was a bit useless really unless you have a wind deflector?????

Anyway, plesantly surprised that i have the extra space and if i have to use the tyre goo then it doesnt matter as i dont have to pay for a new tyre anyway as it a company car!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
ans123 said:
Does anyone know where you can buy one apart from vauxhall!
There have been a few threads regarding this. I think it was Blum that pointed this out.Select Opel, rather than Vauxhall. Wheel (full size) & some unknown tyre can be had for as little as £112. Edited by: Spireite

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have posted on other threads about space saversI have the 18 inch space saver which just fits into the floor well (very tight fit) with all carpet removed.
I paid about £140 for it from VXas I did not order with the car but I just don't see me trusting a "can of hair gell".

1.7 cdti exclusiv Summit White OTR 18/01/2013

Edited by: Hamish

1 - 20 of 48 Posts