Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Spare Wheel Fixing - Parts

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Wilson 
#1 ·
I know this has been spoken about on here before, but still need some advice. I already have part 12 in the picture, under the carpet in the boot. Is the part in the other photo what I need to be able to secure the spare wheel as it looks nothing like part 9.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I never bothered with a fixing bolt for my spare wheel, just put it in upside down and put the jack and some tools, rags etc in the wheel well. I carpeted it in well so i doesn't move or rattle and, short of having an accident and it turning into a circular missile, don't have any trouble.

#9 ·
In that circumstance I hope the passenger(s) are of the same mindset, and all for the saving of a few quid.

#10 ·
In that circumstance I hope the passenger(s) are of the same mindset, and all for the saving of a few quid
Saving a few quid had nothing to do with it. I already have the bolt etc - I bought the wheel, the jack and the complete fixing kit from a previous Mokka owner. I tried the wheel in the way I have it to see how it would work out, if it had bounced, rattled or anything else then I’d have fitted the retainer. But it hasn’t so I haven’t. So your sententious comment is unnecessary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.