Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I had a space saver spare thrown in the boot as part of the deal to buy my Mokka.
The wheel and toolkit just sit in the boot over the carpet so i'm missing the retaining bolt, nut, foam (to level the wheel in the boot) and maybe something else?
Does anyone have a photo of how the wheel is secured or a parts diagram so i can see whats missing?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts
Have a read. <a href="https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/spare-wheel-fixing-in-boot_topic3234.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi-s_Hd4d3PAhVEyRQKHWSiAVcQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGLsUTVkM083eNNLxBb9wT7Nx63jQ" rel="nofollow">

It's explained on page 5 and 7 with part numbers required.</a>

Spare spacer wheel - Vauxhall Mokka Forums - Page 5

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the spare wheel was part of the deal, then I would argue that the suppling dealer should provide everything needed to use it and just as important, retain it securely in place.

If you are not able to force the issue with the dealer then it's worth shopping around as it is possible to get the parts a little cheaper online from those Vauxhall dealers that have an online storefront.

Is it a Vauxhall dealer you are dealing with?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it was a VX dealer i bought from - very reluctant to include spare and i don't want to go back to them ever again after how the salesguy acted (must collect car before end of month (last month) so had to call over at 7pm on the thursday after being up since 5am for work

I'll call into another dealers this week and see if they can get the parts in for me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i emailed the dealer yesterday to say i'd expected the missing parts to be present, gave them the part numbers and today i received an email to say they'd ordered them and would let me know when they have them in stock

Didn't expect that tbh but i'm not holding my breath waiting for them to arrive.......

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts
Good news indeed and shows that tenacity has it's rewards. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Robby said:
Does anyone have a photo of how the wheel is secured or a parts diagram so i can see whats missing?

Thanks

I traded in my car that was ordered with a spare wheel from new for one in stock that had the pump and gunge bottle. I asked them to swap so I kept my spare and my old car got the gunge.

They took the carpet liner out of my new one to put in the old one leaving my wheel well like this. No carpet just a foam support piece from my old car and some stuck on fabric stuff round the bolt holder :-

Close up of fixing bolt :-

Wheel clamped in place :-

Jack and tool tray inside wheel and no carpet  :-

The foam locates and levels the wheel so it aligns with the mounting bolt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Eric, very helpful
Dealer has the fixings in stock and said he'll post them out today but he says there's no listing for the foam piece
, guess i'll have to make something to level the wheel so it sits properly?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well parts arrived today so now fitted

I left the carpet in place (cut around the fixing plate) as there's no sound deadening like in Erics pic and with no foam supplied the wheel still sits snug and doesn't move at all when tightened down

Edited by: Robby

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi - just wondered how much you paid for the space saver and did you purchase it on line. I've had varying quotes and have opted for one of them rather than ordering on line.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got mine as part of the deal buying the car.
On ebay there are a couple of dealers selling the wheel/ tyre/ toolkit for between £214 - £270 but 1 sold yesterday for £108 so worth keeping a look out on there

·
Registered
351 Posts
when i had my 1st mokka, it didnt have a spare so bought a full sized spare, my new mokka came with the wheelbarrow spare so thrown it in the shed and put the proper spare in,

·
Registered
161 Posts
full size wheels do not physically fit in well provided, with the liner removed! Would be interested to know how you have managed?

·
Super Moderator
2,166 Posts
Scotsgit said:
full size wheels do not physically fit in well provided, with the liner removed! Would be interested to know how you have managed?

They fit if deflated so carry a pump/compressor with you

·
Super Moderator
9,374 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:ApplyBreakingRules/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:UseFELayout/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!-->

Deflating is necessary, so it would appear.
<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;