Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot beleive that I have been quoted £350 plus VAT for a spacesaver tyre and tools, how can Vauxhall justify the costs? it seems to me that the policy is not where I want to be, roll on the day when Vauxhall put back a proper spare wheel and we dont have to reply on the AA or RAC to get us home in the event of a substatial tyre failure

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine cost me £79.17 from my dealer but he first tried to charge me £95 for it but mine was with the car in a vauxhall compound some where I would tell them to stick it at that price my dealer is Evans halshaw Edited by: Torpoint-Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just rechecked and the cost quoted was £350 all in made a mistake about the VAT, guess who I will be speaking to tomorrow about the cost! thanks for a swift reply

·
Registered
506 Posts
Make up your own kit - I've posted this elsewhere but here goes again:

Have now got all the items for a Spacesaver spare wheel and saved around
£140.93 on the Vauxhall quoted price of £256.36 + VAT = £307.63

Wheel £83.49 including VAT and delivery (OEM)
Tyre £62.27 including VAT, delivery and fitting (Continental)
Wheel wrench with 4 socket sizes £7.99 including VAT and delivery.
Scissor Jack 2 ton capacity £12.95 including VAT and delivery.

Total £166.70
and maybe someone on E-Bay will buy the supplied "goo kit" that the Mokka will come supplied with

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm really surprised, now that new cars don't come with space savers there is not a company supplying various sizes...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for contributions, back to the dealer tomorrow, someone is having a laugh!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It was only £550 inc vat for a full size alloy together with a jack etc. what with 10% you get off with the service plan makes it less than £500. Got to be better than a space saver. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that a full size tyre will not fit into the space provided in the boot, is this incorrect?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The manual quite clearly states that a full size wheel will not fit in the wheelwell and shows how to strap down a full size wheel in the boot area if required.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats sorted that issue, many thanks for the details re a full size tyre

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
jcol said:
I was told that a full size tyre will not fit into the space provided in the boot, is this incorrect?
No, he full size wheel would need to be fastened down in the boot area. However if you have a full loaded botot area and also full complement of passenger and you have a problem whereby you have to use your space saver you will have nowhere to put the punctured wheel/tyre, so you may as well have the full size and not load the boot as much (although you can use the space for the space saver to store other items). Edited by: Mokkadna

1 - 12 of 12 Posts