Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me that if you have got the space saver wheel from Vauxhall do they give you the jack ,wrench etc ? As the mokka I have ordered has a spare wheel with it and I will not be pleased if I have to buy them also after paying o have a spare wheel

·
Registered
197 Posts
if you have ordered the sace saver spare wheel you get all the jack and extras. if you didnt order it you would have to pay for

wheel
tyre

jack

wrench

which made a pricey sum of £200 for kirby. but it should have been circa £260

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks good news then as i have ordered the spacer wheel so I do yet all the stuff thanks for letting me know

·
Registered
584 Posts
the garage told me today that they have the wheel, and kit but have had a job sourcing the tyre. Should be in mid week and I will be pleased to have it on board. Vauxhall CS rang today about my comments that they are not able to supply mudflaps for the front (have the rear fitted) and the spacesaver kit, they claim quality control issue for the mudflaps, now do we believe that??

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been considering ordering the mud guards/flaps for my Mokka too; i've noticed dirt flies up as far as the rear spoiler when I cleaned my Mokka so thought the guards would be a good idea to reduce or erradicate this issue.
I spoke with my dealer who quoted approx £50 for the full set (fitting would he extra) with a delivery date of "i don't know when, they're on back order and could take a few weeks".....i don't want to pay for items with an estimated delivery date like this; Vauxhall are letting us down again

·
Registered
339 Posts
.....and Torpoint-Dave,
all the bits n pieces you need should come with your wheel, there are six pieces altogether which I have identified and added to another post including the relevant part numbers

·
Registered
584 Posts
thanks Kirby, I used your data to put my garage on the spot after they quoted £350, they had to eat humble pie!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
had a call from the garage the spacesaver kit is all in and being collected tomorrow, that will make me feel a lot better, anyone want to by a pump and aerosol??

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jcol, hope your dealer's coming back to you with a better price for the duards (guy at parts desk brought the prices up on the computer screen in front of me the only issue being the lead time). On the Vauxhall accessories website the price for the set is £90, the parts guy believes this price includes fitting; can't believe the cheeky mites wanted £350 tho.

Wellfan, i've had my space saver kit for a few weeks cost me £200 all in from my dealer. Bit of an issue at the time cos they quoted a price including tyre, however having paid the price they later discovered the tyre shouldve been extra, I argued I paid the price in full.....and to my surprise they honoured it and paid no extra. Best of luck

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Kirby. So the £200 was the cost of the six items you listed with part numbers. Any idea what the tyre would cost? Could you give me the tyre size and I'll price one up on Tyre-Shopper.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I paid £200 for the whole job lot and from the site details I managed a discount

·
Registered
584 Posts
Kirby

if I recall correctly the total cost was about £215 after me using the forum details to challenge the £350 original estimate. Getting the kit tomorrow so very happy. I paid them £200 and from hearing about the backlog of orders I am happy to get it before my thursday trip north. The mudflaps - according to Vauxhall CS are on back order but are available as a priority order - now work that out!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wellfan, I paid a few pennies short of £200 for the whole kit; I think the parts man messed up cos he wanted to charge me an extra £54 plus vat then admitted he made a mistake and would waiver the vat. I told them I wasnt happy and left it at the garage to recieve a phone call an hour later waiving the price of the tyre altogether (happy with that) then picked the whole kit from them a few days later.

I'll have to get back to you on tyre size.....

Jcol i'm with you, glad ive got my spare judging by what dealer is saying about a shortfall in orders for spares. Deffo consideting the mudflaps next

·
Registered
506 Posts
Suitable tyre and size is Continental CST17 (Spare Tyre) 125/70 R16 M (96)
£64.91 Fitted or £51.71 Delivered. This from http://www.blackcircles.com who were the cheapest I could find online and who actually has stock. I took the "Fitted" option which just meant a trip to my local fitters, one of hundreds affiliated with Blackcircles who received delivery of my tyre, and who were paid by Blackcircles. Fitting included valve and balancing. Simples

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wellfan

the cost was for the job lot tyre, wheel and kit

·
Registered
584 Posts
then you did well! the £200 included the tyre, wheel, brace, jack and storage kit, on the forum the price was given as £220 if I recall, I priced it at another vauxhall dealer and again about the same price, you ought to buy more and sell them on here!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts