Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some shots of mine in the recent snow:

I got about 5 meters further up the hill before I was defeated by the snow. Not bad considering its got standard tyres fitted :) Edited by: warrenc

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice pics warrenc,

You did well in the snow.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Nice pictures. That looks prettyrugged terrain & a bit bleak weatherwise. I am waiting for a 4x4 1.7 CDTiso when you say youwere defeated by the snow did you grind to a halt with all 4 wheels turning so it was a loss of traction that stopped you.Or was it just the depth of snow against the front bumper stopping you because the ground clearance wasn't high enough. I currently drive a Land RoverDefender so traction & ground clearance are not a problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I only have the 2wd but with winter tyres.
I found it exceptionally good in snow on hills and heavy snow.
However it was only defeated by ground clearance at the front as I went thru deep snow. It managed about 100 yards but struggled after that. Beaten by the low front end.
Is the 4x4 higher off the ground or the same as 2wd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was loss of traction that stopped me, i'd have made it all the way up with mud and snow tyres. the front was dragging a bit but it was soft virgin snow so didn't hinder progress much. I've not seen another Mokka, let alone a 2wd so couldn't comment about ground clearence. I've considered removing the rubber strip from the bottom of the front bumper, but it gives warning that your getting out of your depth. With it removed, its highly likely that the bumper will be damaged

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very impressive warrenc!!!! Liking the pictures too and the thought of walking around the shot so you didnt see your footprints in the snow!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice car shots ! I love them all and got great inspiration and encouragement to take out my car as soon as it comes out of auto garage after minor repairs. All views from front and lateral sides are pretty cool and fascinating. Thanks a lot for these great pictures.
Edited by: atifn79

1 - 9 of 9 Posts