Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slow slow puncture.....it drops a few psi per month, compared to other tyres which are ok, always same one so must have a slow puncture somewhere.

On inflation it’s fine, as I say, it seems to be a a very slow puncture, and says ok for a while.

Is this worth going to Kwik fit or like and seeing if find it? WhT do they do for puncture repairs now? I don’t want an inner tube in ideally, not sure if this is allowed tbh nowadays. I know it will depend where the puncture is, but as it’s been like this a while, if Kwik fit say can’t say, then I’d be inclined to leave it for now as still has decent tread left.

·
Banned
899 Posts
It maybe a slow puncture, but could also be, a slight leak from the valve, or the seal of
the tyre on the rim, i would get it checked, it is not wise to put a tube in a tubeless
tyre, the ribs in the tyre can rub through the tube over time

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can those be fixed? Or would it be a new tyre?

It’s been like this a year’ish now, I normally just top up every week, but forgot and got an OnStar alert to say.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Easiest way to find a slow puncture is just how kids do with their bike, but you need a bigger bowl, some soapy water in a spray bottle might find it if you don't want to take the wheel off, try round the valve and rim first, punctures in the tread can be fixed but the tyre needs to come off to do it legally.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think I’ll have to take them, as I say it’s a “slow slow” one, as had ones in past that went down quicker.

Think I’ll have to take it in then, just don’t want them to say “need a new tyre” when I don’t really.

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
They don’t put tubes in any more they stopped using them years ago .if any one fits one there are breaking the law .they plug them or vulcanise depends what the garage used.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Blow the tyre up above normal pressure.easy if you take wheel and put water round the rim
It may be just the bead /seal on wheel that is leaking .i had one once like that

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think Cripple Fit will want to sell you a new tyre. I have heard nothing but bad reviews about them. Try another independent tyre dealer.Or even two.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I've used it before to permanently stop leaks between tyre bead and rim, but it could mean throwing the wheel away at the next tyre change if the tyre refuses to separate from the rim cleanly and leaves loads of rubber stuck to it, OK for a rusted steel wheel but a waste of a decent alloy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
What about the puncture repair off the shelve .i think it was holts that may be better than the vx gunk

·
Registered
86 Posts
The “gunk” stuff you mean that comes in the car? Not putting that in as only allowed to go below 50mph and it’s only to limp to a garage/home isn’t it?
Tyreweld or similar. If you're happy to drive at speeds above 50 now with a slow leak then with no leak it must be better?

Used it quite a few times and come tyre change time there's never been any trace of the stuff on the rims.

You could try the bit of spit on the valve first just to rule it out.

holtstyreweld.jpg

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
196 Posts
I'm not a fan of Kwik Fit, much rather use a small independent as I find they are less target driven and you can build a customer/owner relationship.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[
Tyreweld or similar. If you're happy to drive at speeds above 50 now with a slow leak then with no leak it must be better?
your correct I suppose, but it doesn’t get worse if go faster, it’s just time really. I’d rather not put any gunk in at all to see first.

I bet you will find it's the valve seat leaking , I had the same problem , it was a £17 fix 👍
Where was that from please?

I think I will get it checked then, although service in Sep, but should get done now, for no problem buying a new tyre if need be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts