1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
A traffic policeman could earn his full salary in a day locally picking up the muppets who 'drive' while phoning and texting.

My daughter's car was hit three years ago by a stupid woman who was inputting into her SatNav and on the phone at the same time. How do I know that she was doing this? I was waxing the bloody car at the time and could see her weaving down the road. Fortunately the damage was slight but I get so damned angry when I see them blatantly doing this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most wont get a ban after 12 points - there was an article in a tabloid a few months ago showing how many drivers are still allowed to carry on driving with more than 30 and some with more than 40 points - what's the point in giving them more points if they don't ban them?
Most say they need their license as they'd suffer undue hardship as they need the car for work, etc - surely after being caught once or twice and not learning a lesson then tough?

I drive for a living doing 55-60k a year and see drivers on their phone on average every 10-20mins

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
There is a thread here on the very subject with a link confirming the very fact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I travel the country through work and it's a major major problem.
All age groups and gender although young girls checking Facebook at traffic lights / stops is taking the biscuit now (you seen the blue bar at the top of the phone screen) because it's so common.
I want to get home to my family every day and not be put at risk by people who don't care - they are the killers and are seldom never killed themselves.
Look at the family who were killed on the A34 recently - all cause the driver was texting.
Should get unconditional life imprisonment.
Rant over!

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
Here is an update "Don't even TOUCH your mobile at the wheel."

·
Registered
136 Posts
I lived in SA for many years. One day travelling down the highway in my Landrover Discovery which is quite high up, I saw a driver eating a takeaway with a knife and fork . His passenger was holding the steering wheel with her right hand and was also on her mobile phone.

·
Super Moderator
9,918 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts