Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just phoned my insurance company Hastings Direct and asked them would it cost me anything extra to fit side steps to my 2016 Mokka, they said it will cost me 拢225 plus a 拢25 admin fee 馃槻as it is classed as a modification to the car I thought what a rip off that is, well I will have to use a wooden step instead for the grand children to get in and out of the car in the future, I thought it was Dick Turpin who wore the mask lol.

Administrator

Registered
2016 Mokka 1.4T SE 4X4
well I will have to use a wooden step instead for the grand children to get in and out of the car in the future
My Mokka has Vx sidesteps fitted (from new) to facilitate access - but while the steps do help in some circumstances, most of the time stepping over them getting out of the vehicle can be annoying!

Very useful though if you have a roofbox or rack!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will just have to wait until the insurance is up for renewal and then search for one that does not charge extra, I paid 拢280 for fully comp and to be asked for an extra 拢250 inc the admin fee it's not worth it, I struggle to wash and wax the roof on the car and I am 6 foot tall, if I buy and fit them and not say anything then the insurance is void so not taking the chance.

Registered
I have side steps fitted to assist wife getting in & out. Still got beer crate! Direct Line / AXA Do not charge for side steps or roof bars ( classed as roof rack) Unless changed in the last 12 months

1 - 8 of 8 Posts