Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,was doing a search for side steps/running boards for my Mokka,i found a company www.cross-bars.co.uk who are selling 3 styles for £206.99 each!!!!!!!!!.I think they are based in Houndslow,a good price,but does anyone know anything about this company?
Edited by: alan4708

·
Registered
374 Posts
How do you choose between V1, V2 or V3! Looks like great value.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have sent a message asking if I can go visit, I live a few minutes from Hounslow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We need to set up a group buy. Discounts the more we buy off them

·
Registered
247 Posts
how easy would they be to fit?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had an email back off Wlad

They are £218 for the pair. He states you can have V1 with integrated Blue LEDS (Not for me though)
V2 are the longest wait
There is an online manual on fitting etc. on YouTube

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,glad you all think these are good value,i did.I would like to find out the quality of these,as they are cheap compared to others,if the Tetchmeister can visit + let us know that would be great!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Look good value compared to the irmscher ones

·
Registered
505 Posts
Definitely good value and just over a quarter of the price of the irmscher ones.

My only gripe is if that they are that easy to fit then they are going to be that easy to nick. Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think these are a must especially at these prices as would help all the little people climb into the car. (not just children but also my short mum at 5 foot nothing.)

Im definately going to order a pair for mine. anyone want to share and order and then get some discount.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm interested in ordering some if they finally fix my AFL lights

·
Registered
767 Posts
Harper31 said:
We need to set up a group buy. Discounts the more we buy off them
I'm up for that.

If we can negotiate a price with individual payments & delivery for x amount of units we should have strength in numbers. I've done Group Buys before & you don't want to have shared orders or deliveries unless you live very close to each other or know people well enough to trust them to complete the transaction. Last minute drop outs, mind changers & people with a change of circumstance can cause major headaches to Group Buys.

List of Potential Group Buyers subject to quality check by Tetchmeister

1. Flat Eric -V3

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are looking good
pls be aware that adding these to your car is seen as a modification and will need to be reported to your insurance company or you could risk an invalid policy. See some of the earlier threads that we have had on here already concerning these sideboards. The latest one was from early January if I remember well.
Be really great to see some pictures of the installation and endproduct
. Would they really be strong enough/installed rock fastto hold the weight of an adult? Seems it requires some hole drilling as well?

Passing on ordering now but deffo keeping a close eye on this thread

·
Registered
66 Posts
sebaso67 said:
They are looking good
pls be aware that adding these to your car is seen as a modification and will need to be reported to your insurance company or you could risk an invalid policy. See some of the earlier threads that we have had on here already concerning these sideboards. The latest one was from early January if I remember well.
Be really great to see some pictures of the installation and endproduct
. Would they really be strong enough/installed rock fastto hold the weight of an adult? Seems it requires some hole drilling as well?

Passing on ordering now but deffo keeping a close eye on this thread
I'm with sebaso67, definitely interested but would like to see them on the car and check out the insurance side first.

·
Registered
767 Posts
sebaso67 said:
They are looking good
Not being from a Vauxhall background but from a modified car background how does the Irmcher stuff go down with the insurance companies? Is it exempt because it is authorised/warranted by Vauxhall? I take it you still declare it but it is waved through with no fuss. Do Vauxhall accept it under the terms of their lifetime warranty as well?

All the Prodrive mods I have fitted over the yearswere warranted by Subaru & my insurers made a note of them but didn't "up" the premiums because of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
previous modifications I have made were free to add to my policy, but were excluded against any claims. eg, if the mod were damaged you Couldn't make a claim to repair it. suited me.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts