Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd give a wee update on here. I picked up my mokka 1.7cdti exclusiv 4x4 in boracay blue this morning. I can honestly say it was worth the 5 month wait. It's a lovely car to drive. It is kinda noisy, but that's only cos I've never had a diesel before. It's really nippy, put your foot down and it goes! I love the Bluetooth functionality - I've connected my iPhone, so anytime I'm in it, and my phone rings, it comes through the speakers, also this works for music on my phone as well. It's amazing!! Loads of lovely other thing too. I also bought the boot liner from the dealer today, just to keep the boot clean!! All in all, I'm dead chuffed with it. It's just a shame that the customer service from my dealer wasn't great!! But can't have it all!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congratulations Annabear! Happy motoring. Keep an eye on the mpg please and some pics would be nice with some of that famed background.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Boo!
she's a beauty all right. You guys really must have shorter days up there. Have you noticed the AWD kick in so far? Is Penelope Boracay blue as she looks royal blue in that shot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry that pic was taken last night. It's horrendous weather today, so just looking out the window at her!! Lol. Yes she is boracay blue. It's a lovely colour! Not noticed the AWD kick in yet, but with the weather we have I'm sure it won't be long til it does!! Will try take another pic out the window, so you can see it better. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
congrats looks good

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congratulations Annabear!!! Its a Girl!!! Love it and very please to hear how happy you are with the performance as i have not been able to get behind the wheel of a 1.7cdti.I was slightly bemused with the iPhone connections as although i know the bluetooth would work i wasnt so sure about the music because of the USB and jack input next to eachother in front of the gear stick as as well as being able to buy a cable likebelow which is no good to me as i have the iPhone 5!!

Look forwad to seeing more pics and wish you many happy miles of motoring!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks petwll! :) thanks kirby! :)
Glassy, I've just got the 4s so I bought a cable like that, but didn't need to use it! The car stereo picks up my music via Bluetooth! So before you buy one, I'd wait and see if it works the same for the 5! It's so cool!! I totally love it! Even though its a rubbish day here, I think I might take her for a wee spin! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
LOL

I remember what it was like when i got the only other brand new car i ever owned (Peugeot 106 Rallye....i was young and carefree then!!)and it really is such an excting thing!!!

Hopefully the 5 will work just the same but if i have to buy this cable with a 30 pin to lightning convertor so be it!! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My older brother has the 5, so next time I see him, I will try his out with the car and let you know! :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That would be amazing!!! Thank you very much!!! You are a
!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Annabear, welcome to the forum, the Mokka looks great ;)

Glassy, I can confirm the iPhone 5 works via Bluetooth for the music, also the car connects to the stereo for calls.
The lightning cable will also charge your iPhone and play the music whilst charging.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Mokkascan. So all I actually need is the USB to lightning cable? Phone calls and music can be sent via this cable or Bluetooth and I assume the radio would also cut off and the phone call then takes priority?

I may also have an issue with the aerial length as I need to park in a garage and the existing one may be a bit too long!!! I know I can get shorter ones but r they any good?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes the radio cuts off with phone calls, music via cable or Bluetooth.

Not to sure about the aerial, have the standard one [:)]

·
Registered
167 Posts
What about having more then one iPhone connected to Bluetooth? Can this be done.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That would be very nice if it did as for some reason my wife's always takes priority over my phone in MY car!!! The cheek of it!!!! So I deleted her phone of the list. (Parrot handsfree kit)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Glassy,

Thats the same reason for the question, lol

She keeps claiming to have better music taste then me, and always take over on long journeys.

·
Registered
296 Posts
How very dare she!?! Just keep deleting her off of the list of phones connected.

"I don't know what darling, must not like your phone!!"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Annabear,

Welcome to the Boracay Blue Club. Seems like the Scots like Blue. Ours is the SE 2WD and we think it's a great little car too.

Took ours for a long run today and got 59mpg. We opted not for the SAT NAV unit and got the standard CD 400 system. I Phone 4 works brilliantly through bluetooth both phone and music. Thought we might have got voice recognition for the phone system on the SE model but just have the steering wheel button showing the phone handset icon - no face outline on the same button.

Anyway enjoy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts