Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plenty of these after market aerials available for all models of cars so has any Mokka owner fitted one. apparently remove existing rod aerial and the shark fin fin covers the remaining fitting. There's a lead with threaded bolt attached which replaces the existing rod aerial.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
They are no good if you have the model with sat nav fitted .the sat nav receiver is combined with the Ariel

·
Administrator
10,811 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Shark fins that fit over the old base only need a screw to attach the wire to the removed aerial so that part is not such an issue, just a case of finding the right screw, but the base of the Mokka aerial is big, not sure if there is one large enough to fit over it, then as others have said the original aerial has elements covering more than one frequency, but that's not an issue if you don't have or use sat nav or wi-fi.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a shark fin which fits the Mokka. It'son Amazon and called POSSBAY super functional and has a coil inside it. Has various threaded bolts also. It looks the real deal. review says dab signal is ok for bbc and local commercial stations so I might give it a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Interesting that one review notes it's bigger than most and fits over Mokka base, only 2 reviews the Mokka owner saying it was OK and another saying it was rubbish and sent it back, probably down to varying signal strength in different areas, the reception will never be as good as the original, so looks V function is the compromise

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think I will stick with the one that’s fitted as standard.
At least I now it work and I am£20 better off.
It’s not something you sit and look at all the time

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think I will stick with the one that’s fitted as standard.
At least I now it work and I am£20 better off.
It’s not something you sit and look at all the time
I'm of the same opinion but then some are more bothered by looks or perhaps the original hits the garage door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are no good if you have the model with sat nav fitted .the sat nav receiver is combined with the Ariel
The gps receiver is in the base that the antenna screws into, ie the piece that's fixed to the car roof. Its not in the antenna itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did not say it was the Ariel .i said it was combined .you can change the Ariel but not the base
Did not say it was the Ariel .i said it was combined .you can change the Ariel but not the base
The gps receiver is not combined with the aerial, the antenna and base are two separate items. The GPS receiver is in the base. The aerial can be changed without interfering with GPS. A shark fin can be placed over the top of the original base if you get one that's big enough.

·
Registered
786 Posts
So you have 2 accounts on here, this one and Swinton?

·
Registered
786 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts