Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been two week today since I bought my brand spanka Mokka from Evans Halshaw Dewsbury the lights have driven me crazy worse still the car kept stalling. Six days after car went back to the dealer I hope to get the car back tomorrow, had some wiring repairs and software re-mapped also 300 miles put on the clock, left with no hire car, lost faith in dealer, my car & Vauxhall Wished I had bought Japanese. O well we live and learn! Dave Kirby.
Edited by: KIRBY430428

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Go high at the dealer and demand a response. Also email VAuxhall Customer Service and clearly (and concisely) report the issues.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Must say I had a few problems stalling my 1.7 cdti when I first got it. It was me at fault though not being used to driving a diesel car. Got used to it now but It does seem to me that the car is quite high geared, especially 2nd & 3rd gears which you have to get used to. Also wondered if it has a lightweight fly wheel as there seems very little inertia in the engine at low revs, both these things would contribute towards easier stalling till you get used to it. After that it's brill. All done to improve MPG & CO figures I suppose. (This is just my opinion, I may of course be totally wrong)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I stalled the car a few times due to not been used to it I put my hand up to that. But was the car at fault as showed several faults on diagnostics m/c.

·
Registered
145 Posts
KIRBY430428 said:
Hi I stalled the car a few times due to not been used to it I put my hand up to that. But was the car at fault as showed several faults on diagnostics m/c.

That's good news in a way, at least if they know what's wrong they should be able to fix it. Good luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The stalling isn't the stop start is it?

·
Registered
494 Posts
WIBBLA!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Wibbla the eco stop/start was working perfect. Car was stalling even with eco turned off there was defiantly faults with the car. Rushing them through production lines won't help, I was told I was going to have to wait 12weeks for my new Mokka that turned out 2B two weeks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine also keeps stalling when im rolling towards a red light that then changes or just at very low speeds when i then try to pull off again in 2nd. I just put it down to it being a Diesel and the gear ratio that i simply needed to get used to. I can get around this by simply getting the revs up but that's obviously not gonna be good for the economy but as im only getting about 40mpg anyway what the hell!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I was promised my car back for 12:00 latest this afternoon by the top man in after sales, I told them I have a funeral to go to Still no sign or explanation this is not acceptable know I sound like a grumpy old man lol. NOT a happy bunny I can tell you!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Kirby430428,

Sorry to hear you've had such problems with your motor.....i'm currently having issues with the parking sensors and following a diagnostics check with my dealer, am waiting for a new part?!
At least my dealer gave me a courtesy car for the day at no extra cost, said as the part is not a stock item they've ordered it for 7-10 days; i'll eat my hat though if it arrives by then.
Can't believe you've been treated so poorly

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do we think these problems are associated with the forum name 'Kirby' ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Tetchmiester,

This is my first experience in purchasing a new vehicle and decided to put my faith in Vauxhall due to the good service I had with my second hand Zafira; promp service, free valet service, etc.
However, since placing my order every time I have raised an issue with my new Mokka, my sales person just says 'sorry' and offers no remedy for my problem.....kind of takes the shine off the whole expetience really

There's no issues surrounding the name KIRBY!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys been told my cars been left at my place of work even though I'd left 4the day. Evans Halshaw have not made any contact with me today, very disappointed with the whole experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I test dove a Mokka at the weekend and stalled twice in it. I've owned over 15 cars, used to be an apprentice mechanic so drove lots of different cars and now I'm a PCV Driver but I have to say that the Mokka I test drove made me look like a learner! Shouldn't be stalling so easily.

I hope it's just a case of getting used to it or a fault which they will get recalled for with a simple fix because it stalled on me turning into a side road in second and could've been very dangerous if a car had been coming. The salesman did say that it was probably a mixture of it been new and the gear ratios. Maybe once the clutch has worn in a little they will get better?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Blum said:
Having had automatics for the last 9
1/2 years I didn't know if it was me stalling it or stop/start kicking
in, I would turn that off for the first few weeks if I was buying a
manual (Eco button)
I mentioned this in November when I test drove one!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gez said:
I test dove a Mokka at the weekend and stalled twice in it. I've owned over 15 cars, used to be an apprentice mechanic so drove lots of different cars and now I'm a PCV Driver but I have to say that the Mokka I test drove made me look like a learner! Shouldn't be stalling so easily.

I hope it's just a case of getting used to it or a fault which they will get recalled for with a simple fix because it stalled on me turning into a side road in second and could've been very dangerous if a car had been coming. The salesman did say that it was probably a mixture of it been new and the gear ratios. Maybe once the clutch has worn in a little they will get better?
Strange currently driving an AstraVan with same diesel engine in so when I test drove the Mokka, it felt like home from home with revs and clutch, but I did stall the Juke once at garage when testing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Stranger still, I had not driven a manual for 2 years when I took the manual Mokka out for a test, I didn't stall it once, even though I predicted I would to the sales guy!
Edited by: tetchmeister

1 - 20 of 22 Posts