Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just found out that the Mokka may have what are called self-repairing bumpers.

This from an Opel Mokka site:-
"A major advantage of Opel technology is that in low speed impact
deformation damage is minimised,reducing repair costs. For example the
bumpers are self-repairing with impacts at under 4 km/h."

and this from a Vauxhall Mokka site:-
"A major advantage of Vauxhall technology is minimised deformation damage
in low speed impacts, keeping down repair costs. The new Vauxhall Mokka
also meets Research Council for Accident Repairs (RCAR) standards to
reduce damage and deformation in low-speed collisions, reducing
insurance costs in several European countries."

Can anybody confirm this? and has anybody had any experience of this type of bumper?

Edited by: seamaster

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Anybody with a Mokka fancy trying it out?

·
Registered
633 Posts
When I first went to work at a new job in an Essex town, which I wont name because to people of <strike>Loughton </strike>are very protective, Oh balderdash, I've gone and let it out, I saw the parking method of a particular sex of the human race, but I cant say which because the <strike>women </strike>wouldn't like it. Oops done it again.
i) A driver in Morrisons reversed into the side of a passing car, they both stopped waved at each other and drove off!
ii) Another, also in a supermarket car park, had a reverse parking sensor, she reversed into the bollard (the sensor) behind until she hit it, then pulled forward an inch or two and applied the handbrake.
Thus we get 4kmh bumps.

Standing by to repel insults and recrimination.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Blum said:
When I first went to work at a new job in an Essex town, which I wont name because to people of <strike>Loughton </strike>are very protective, Oh balderdash, I've gone and let it out, I saw the parking method of a particular sex of the human race, but I cant say which because the <strike>women </strike>wouldn't like it. Oops done it again.
i) A driver in Morrisons reversed into the side of a passing car, they both stopped waved at each other and drove off!
ii) Another, also in a supermarket car park, had a reverse parking sensor, she reversed into the bollard (the sensor) behind until she hit it, then pulled forward an inch or two and applied the handbrake.
Thus we get 4kmh bumps.

Standing by to repel insults and recrimination.
That's similar to how they park in Paris.They neverput the handbrake onthey just leave it in gear. Then when you pick your parking space & manoeuvre in if it's a bit tight you just push the car in front or behind until there is just enough room. Then you just leaveyour's in gear so they can nudge you out the way when they want to leave. All very civilised.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
109 Posts
It does seem to be true. The idiot council decided to close our road to repair a light on a road sign. Our road is horribly narrow so I had to perform a 7 point turn. All the parking sensors were blaring and I was carefully reversing avoiding the vehicle in front when crunch! The concrete lamppost loomed enormous in the rear view mirror. Expletives galore! I couldn't have got it more central. But, an ugly scuff, and nothing else. You can just about tell where the bumper deformed, and it looks like it deformed about an inch, but has, after a few days gone back to effectively no serious damage. A rub with some medium wet/dry paper and some black plastic trim wax and its not too bad. Don't get me wrong, you can still see the damage, but its not too horrific. I might see what ChipsAway can do with it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thats very bad luck, I backed into a post with my omega and next day that had almost self healed, quite amazing

·
Registered
335 Posts
jcol said:
Thats very bad luck, I backed into a post with my omega and next day that had almost self healed, quite amazing
I had someone smash into my 60 plate focus a few weeks back... £400 worth of damage on their C Max and nothing... And I mean NOTHING on mine at all..my husband couldn't believe it !!
... Oh and he was a MALE driver that went in the back of me

·
Registered
93 Posts
If Vauxhall could do the same for doors, then I'd be impressed.

Once my Mokka arrives, I'd be sorely tempted to switch to online shopping so that I don't have dents and scratches from people who fling open their doors with complete disregard for the vehicles besides them!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Park your car on thr far side of the empty car park and when you come out bingo, someone is along side you and very close!

·
Registered
182 Posts
idiotic Womanin Sainsburys car parkIrvine,
9.30 at night, I came out of shop and had to squeeze into my car with my wife holding the door to stop it hitting her fiat 500.

Number of cars in the car park5

Car park holds 200 cars.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I apologise to parents and children but I now park in the parent and child section and have told the store manageress I will be doing this until they provide bays big enough for anything larger than the aforementioned Italian job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts