Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else noticed the plastic door sills mark really easily? What do people use to get rid of the marks and scuffs?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good question gjm91, I have no answer to this and am also suffering with marked bumpers. Hopefully someone will share the secret of good, clean bumpers with us all

·
Registered
490 Posts
I too am utterly unimpressed with the scuffage obtained from the feet catching the inside bottom storage area on the door, cannot get rid of the scuffs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 60 plate Astra is the same. I've never known paintwork to scuff so easily. Before it I had a 56 Tigra and the quality of the paintwork seemed a lot better.

Any ideas on dealing with "scuffage" would be most welcome.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Idon'tknow the answer to that. I have known people to get them sprayed as the problem being its a cheap molded black rubber plastic. It can mark very easy and when you try to wet sand or polish the bumper candiscolour.

When the mokka comes i will be coating it in This

Im hoping that it will give it some form of protection.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If they get really bad probably easier to replace as they are £15 for 2 on eBay. Even bought some to put on the rear

Just realised the topic meant actual pladtic door sills not the protectors Edited by: Big Mac

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah meant the door sill plastic and door pocket plastic - gonna give the mokka a good valet over the weekend weather permitting so will have a go at removing the scuffs- have loads of tins of back to black type stuff in the garageso will give those a . if that does't work gonna make everyone wear slippers!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not had chance to give the mokka a clean yet as pxxxing down here at most so might nip out to halfords as need some decent polish too. Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mokkas had some t l c and used the autoglym vinyl and rubber care on the plastic as suggested by niner, came up really well, Cheers Niner

·
Registered
315 Posts
No worries. I was a bit unsure what to buy. Always the same when you know what you want to achieve but are greeted with a massive choice of cleaning stuff for the car on the shelf!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts