Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a trip to scotland coming up at the end of may, can't wait as will get chance to drive the wife's mokka. Going to the westcoast of scotland around kirkudbright. Looking forward to giving the car a good blast as now done 1000 miles and feels like it's loosening up. Any mokka owners around there. Any good driving roads

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah all around Dunoon, Ardentiny, Strachur, Inverary and the famous 'Restvand be Thankful'

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you are in Kirkudbright try eating at the Selkirk Arms. We ate there a couple of years ago (my mate had vouchers from the Times newspapers). It was a cracking meal that we had.
I am sure that if your wife is going to let you have an extended play you will be loving it. Don't forget that if you want a drink then you will ne to give her the keys, that's what I do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mokkadna said:
If you are in Kirkudbright try eating at the Selkirk Arms. We ate there a couple of years ago (my mate had vouchers from the Times newspapers). It was a cracking meal that we had.
I am sure that if your wife is going to let you have an extended play you will be loving it. Don't forget that if you want a drink then you will ne to give her the keys, that's what I do.

cheers for that Mokkadna- wewere wondering where to go and eat -will give the Selkirk a try.

My trick is to Drive to the pub and the wife drives back !!!! hahaDefo don't drink and drive - wouldntwant to come off the road and end up in a field full of them hairy Cattle things!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
cheers for that Mokkadna- we were wondering where to go and eat -will give the Selkirk a try.
My trick is to Drive to the pub and the wife drives back !!!! haha Defo don't drink and drive - wouldnt want to come off the road and end up in a field full of them hairy Cattle things!

Up in Scotland they are called highland cows but pronounced heeland coo's. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its Haggis mating season as well so beware of the low flying Hairy Haggis

·
Registered
182 Posts
If You go near Moffat look out for the waterfall called "The Grey Mair's Tail" well worth a visit as long as there is water flowing over it, which just now I dont think there will be any drought.

·
Registered
182 Posts
See how many tartan Mokka's you can spot,

Seriously, Enjoy your visit and I hope my fellow countrymen make you more than welcome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Hamish - think Ive been to moffat before yrs ago = can remeber the moffat ram!- not seen the waterfall though - will test out the satnav!! hoping the mokka will be haggis proof

·
Registered
137 Posts
gjm91, Welcome to Scotland! - wherever you end up -don't forget the Midge ("mijay") repellant if it is not windy - we went a wee run in the car to Loch Katrine tonight, (between Callander and Aberfoyle) - (even saw a white Mokka SE) - and the wee beasties were Murder!! - Enjoy your road trip - Bring some nice weather with you

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stumpydave said:
gjm91, Welcome to Scotland! - wherever you end up -don't forget the Midge ("mijay") repellant if it is not windy - we went a wee run in the car to Loch Katrine tonight, (between Callander and Aberfoyle) - (even saw a white Mokka SE) - and the wee beasties were Murder!! - Enjoy your road trip - Bring some nice weather with you

Wow -great view - just need your mokka in it -bet you can't wait for it to come !

definately looksworth a visit to Loch Katrine - will remeber our mijay cream too

Will do our best to bring some decent weather with us from Sunny southport cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
gjm91 said:
Stumpydave said:
gjm91,

Wow -great view - just need your mokka in it -bet you can't wait for it to come !

definately looksworth a visit to Loch Katrine - will remeber our mijay cream too

Will do our best to bring some decent weather with us from Sunny southport cheers
I am sure gjm91 didn't mean to say your Mokka would look good in the Loch!

·
Registered
182 Posts
To anyone coming to Scotland and wanting a B and B before heading up Loch Lomond can I most highly recomend the millers at formakin estate Bishopton themillershousebandb.co.uk/""Ž
<DIV ="-menu ab_ctl">http://www.google.co.uk/#
<DIV ="-menu-panel ab_dropdown" role=menu =-1 -ved="0CD0QqR8wAA" js="keydown:ab.hdke; mouseover:ab.hdhne; mouseout:ab.hdhue">
<UL>
<LI ="-menu-item ab_dropdownitem" role=menuitem>Cached</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im scratching now just thinking of the midgies when i was brought up in Dunoon.

Take plenty if Shoo with you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts