Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had my Mokka for a month now but having difficulty with the SatNav in the Infotainment system: does anyone know how to navigate to a Post Code please. When entering a destination address there doesn't appear to be a Post Code field. Lots of organisations provide Post Codes to enter into SatNavs in order to find way to their events, premises etc. so very difficult if no field to input within the SatNav. There must be a way surely? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
in the city field just put the post code and you'll find it magically works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for that. Another thing you may know: in the Sat Nav all the directions are given in kilometers, is there a way of changing this so all directions are given in miles?Thanks again.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can change the units used in the Sat Nav in the settings screen. If you go into the settings screen there is a screen for navigation and in there you can select imperial or metric.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks but still can't see how to change fromkilometersto miles in the sat nav system! When going into Config and then Navigation settings the only options are: Navigation Volume, TMC settings, Delete lists, Import Individual POIs, Delete all imported POIs and Export POIs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The way I managed to change it is by doing it through the DIC. Think its on the car icon page, scroll through to where you can adjust the units setting and set it to miles in there. I know this is for the display in the middle of the dash but also worked on my sat nav screen. If I remember rightly I had to put it on another one first and then back to miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to put a postcode into the satnav on the mokka and if so, how do you do it?

Kind regards

Ian

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
By entering imperial to metric in the search box,which exhibitsquiet a few examples there or page 93 in the manual.
This question could have been asked in any of the existing threads? This thread will shortly be merged.

·
Registered
Mokka X 1.4 Turbo Active, Electro Pack, 19" 4 Spoke Alloys, Retrofitted Vauxhall Reverse camera.
91 Posts
I have a similar issue with entering postcodes (particularly welsh ones). If I attempt to enter a 7 digit postcode on a welsh address, it will only allow 5 digit input- and trying this with my home address which has been in the town for 100yrs has the same issue. After some to & fro with VX Infotainment at VX HQ, they have provided me with a £150 voucher for the new sat nav update map (which also fixes "postcode issues"). Have ordered from dealer and the USB stick should be in on Tuesday...<div abp="1212">
<div abp="1213">Kris

·
Registered
Mokka X 1.4 Turbo Active, Electro Pack, 19" 4 Spoke Alloys, Retrofitted Vauxhall Reverse camera.
91 Posts
yeah it was a weird one nigel- london and home counties were ok, but south/west wales were not..

there was a lot of "discussion" with vx hq, which ended up with them saying they would escalate and me saying i'll start at the top and work down :) at end of the day, car is 6 month old and the sat nav does work so my arguement was should i really have to pay for an update to fix it

all ended well, so job's a good 'un!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Gotta be honest, it's why I went for a TomTom.

We spend a lot of time in west Wales and when I tried to enter one of the little places that we routinely visit the 950 couldn't even find it let alone accept the seven digit postcode SA44 6LQ (Cwm Tydu).

Tried a larger place Nevern, SA42 0NF and the route showed a road that had been shut off for two years.

I need a atNav that I can rely on. The 950 I tried just didn't cut it. Delighted though with my Mokka and pleased that I didn't have to have the 950 (unlike some other makes where it is a take it or leave it 'bundle')

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just picked up the SatNav update from the dealer. Process takes 70mins and requires the engine running.
Pics:

Key is an 8gb usb, formatted FAT32 with two folders - CCR and Update. CCR is empty, Update has all the files. Have made an ISO image of it incase of problems.

Edited by: Krisbutler

1 - 20 of 72 Posts