Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forum and just ordered the mokka tech line and was wondering how the sat nav gets updated?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Sat Nav comes with the data onan SD memory card this is updated but purchasinga new one from vauxhall when you want it updated as far as I am aware. Not sure where on the car you can find the SD card slot but should imagine it to be near the centre console with the USB and AUX ports. Im sure one of our current owners can shed more light on this issue while i wait.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi and welcome. I think the SD slot is by the USB and AUX IN.

In my astra the cd70 nav MAP cd you could do a bit of googling and downloading etc. but as for the update of firmware etc you had to buy the CD from VX. As a lot of people bricked there CD70 by downloading it.

I'm thinking it's the same sort of principle. Or it will be all on the same SD card.

Andy Edited by: Fatman

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the photographic confirmation Blum.

Puts my mind to ease that i had seen it in the right place. Especially when i want to update some of those european minor roads for the some trips onto the continent. I know the major ones are supposed to be loaded already on the Nav 600.

Fortunately only an hour and a half away from the channel tunnel to get across so may even have chance to try out the different AFL settings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have had my Mokka Techline for two weeks.

I have tried the sat nav on six occasions or so and I would say more than half of them the address could not be found either using the post code ot street address.

I have looked inside the mokka and there soes not seems to a sims card under the climate control control abd I think it has the Nav 900 or 950 in it.

Would love to know if it has the current updated maps installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I too have just taken the New Tech line ten days ago. The latest one has the best system the Navi 950 with the latest maps and I have had no problem locating post codes or addresses up to now. The Bose speakers are a real bonus and altogether I'm loving the Mokka. By the way cos I can't download my phones address book to the car I have used the navigation system to put most of my contacts in the Navi address book so I can still ring people while I'm travelling. I NEED A NEW PHONE!!! My contract is up in July so it's not worth the seventy pounds to end the contract, just use the navigation addresses.

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
That's what is said on the config.<h3 style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 2px 10px; font-size: 18px; text-trans: uppercase; font-family: Vauxhall-n4, Vauxhall; line-height: 22px; color: rgb248, 248, 248; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb44, 45, 46; : rgb0, 0, 0;">AUDIO, COMMS. & NAV.</h3><ul style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb248, 248, 248; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 21px; : rgb0, 0, 0;"><li style="margin: 0px 190px 0px 15px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 20px; list-style: none; : http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/static/byo/vauxhall2012/s/app-n-dash.gif 1px 0.9em no-repeat transparent;">Bluetooth® functionality<li style="margin: 0px 190px 0px 15px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 20px; list-style: none; : http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/static/byo/vauxhall2012/s/app-n-dash.gif 1px 0.9em no-repeat transparent;">Digital radio<li style="margin: 0px 190px 0px 15px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 20px; list-style: none; : http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/static/byo/vauxhall2012/s/app-n-dash.gif 1px 0.9em no-repeat transparent;">Navi 950 IntelliLink ""¢ Satellite navigation system ""¢ Street level mapping for UK and Ireland ""¢ CD/MP3 CD player ""¢ Aux-in socket ""¢ Audio streaming ""¢ IntelliLink ""¢ AM/FM stereo radio ""¢ RDS with Traffic Programme ""¢ 7-inch colour monitor ""¢ 6 speakers<li style="margin: 0px 190px 0px 15px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 20px; list-style: none; : http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/static/byo/vauxhall2012/s/app-n-dash.gif 1px 0.9em no-repeat transparent;">Steering wheel mounted audio controls[/list]

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
No speed camera alerts though and relies on RDS signals for traffic updates.

It's 'messier' but I am going standalone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This should have been on a new tread but I decided to leave it here anyway...

Beware of the 950 satnav !! I got burnt twice yesterday. I have put the postcode of my destination and in both cases it took me to the wrong place although the destination postcode was the correct one. Even if you put the postcode in you MUST put the correct city in the lower line otherwise it doesn't work. The problem is that even when the postcode has been entered for the right address, it thinks it's in a different city.

To be short, good job for all of you who chose the CD600. Until Vx will sort this out the extra money for the 950 was and still is, a total waste. I was reading on similar complaints from other users on other treads but those treads were in 2013 and I guess I was silly enough to think Vx already fixed this matter.

Be very carefull with the 950. I know that from this point my Garmin will always be on when I'm going somewhere I haven't been before

·
Registered
326 Posts
Flyboy,

Give us an example, then we all can check

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
flyboy said:
This should have been on a new tread but I decided to leave it here anyway...

Beware of the 950 satnav !! I got burnt twice yesterday. I have put the postcode of my destination and in both cases it took me to the wrong place although the destination postcode was the correct one. Even if you put the postcode in you MUST put the correct city in the lower line otherwise it doesn't work. The problem is that even when the postcode has been entered for the right address, it thinks it's in a different city.
How that is possible I do not know? The country is divided into 124 areas denoted by the first two letters of the outward half of the postcard.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

·
Registered
155 Posts
wellinever said:
How that is possible I do not know? The country is divided into 124 areas denoted by the first two letters of the outward half of the postcard.

Wonders of the world. What I know and what is known to the programmers of the 950 might not be the same.

Here is an exercise for all 950 users :

Post code is AL5 3LZ (in this case 363 Luton Road). If you enter the post code by itself the ONLY city option you will be given is St. Albans (since the AREA is the same it make sense). HOWEVER this post code is in Harpenden which the system does not let you choose as an option. (I suspect the same address exist in St. Albans as well because the 950 tried to take me there).

If you try to put the full address Then the city name line will suddenly change to "Harpenden AL5 3xx".

Exercise No. 2 : After Harpenden I had to go to Cranfield airport post code MK43 0AL. Entering the post code, again the ONLY city option was Bedford (Same area but good few miles away) but when reverting to entering the address manually (the city in this case is Cranfield airfield) it comes up with "Cranfield Airfield MK43 0xx".

Needless to say my Gramin didn't had any of this ... after entering the post code he knew exactly where he was going to.

Another odd thing is that stand alone Sat Nav's (at least the Garmin's and Tom Tom's I was using) are updated at least twice a year. roads are changing (maybe not in central London in the rest of the country certainly) and no update cycle is available from Vx. I was looking in the HERE shop which is the company responsible for our nav databases and the last update was for MY 2014 where 3 update cycles from other OEM's have already been through.

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
It appears the problem has history.<h3 ="r" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"> Click Here</h3>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the Navi 950 is not fit for purpose.

Since my car was a factory order, if I knew then what I know now (hind site is a lovely thing) , I would have ordered the CD600 and save my money...

Whoever buys a new Mokka be aware, don't bother with the 950 unless it's a free gift

1 - 20 of 37 Posts