Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
781 - 800 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi did anyone have a definitive solution to this? The stall cut out at roundabouts I was able to solve by disabling the auto stop by leaving the heated screen on. 1.7 diesel cdti. However the cut out at speed is happening to us. As with some others it started post a service and also tied in with an emissions system sensor warning. At times the car will just shut down whilst driving. The sensor can be an issue or thirdly the car would almost be like it was an old style petrol car that was being over choked when starting it. You'd have to switch it off and leave it and then start it a 5 mins later. Any thoughts anyone?
I have had a very similar issue too this last week on my 2014 1.7 cdti (cutting out when leaving a junction and getting into 2nd gear) the garage have replaced the fuel control valve (under the lifetime warranty) and reset / reprogrammed the fuel system and car seems to be working fine now. Performance had gone down when I received the car back but after contacting the garage about this they said it was the car just rerunning systems and learning itself again, I thought this may be a lie but today after driving about the car looks to be back to normal. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi so after looking at most of this page on mokka just cutting out some darting back to 2016 surely some of you can possibly give me something I can take to Vauxhall to get my car sorted please . If you need me to put my email address up for you this I can do
Mine is still doing it each time I’ve had it serviced my diesel filter has had to be changed as it is so dirty to the point that the mechanic asked if I have been putting red diesel in it he has adviced me to get a diagnostic done on the fuel pipe note sure how to explain but he thinks it down to the fuel not getting through I have sussed that it mainly cuts out say if I’m at a junction or traffic lights and try to pull off a little fast

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to find out how many of us have had a problem with their Mokka's engine cutting out ""“ there was an earlier thread but that included problems stalling whilst moving off so I've started this new thread. (Hope that's ok Mods.) It's important that we keep strictly to the topic as this is important and has safety implications.

I believe this problem only occurs with the Mokka 1.7 CDTi manual ""“ unless you know differently.

A number of us have had problems with the engine dying completely whilst going round roundabouts, approaching junctions and slowing behind traffic.

This is not stalling. When an engine stalls, it dies a painful death. You know about it. Here we're talking about the engine quietly cutting out and having to be restarted either with the key or by dipping the clutch for the start/stop mechanism to kick in.

This is not going into a corner in too high a gear and causing the engine to stall. This fault cannot be reproduced at will, it happens intermittently. It could happen twice in ten minutes, and then not again for a few days.

Some advice in the earlier thread was that diesels sometimes do this. No they don't. If they do, then there's a potentially dangerous fault.

Further advice posted in the earlier thread tells you just to get used to it. You shouldn't need to, it's fault with the car. Selling on a faulty car might be awkward in the future. In a private sale, you will have to explain the right driving technique. Would you buy a used car if someone told you this about it?

You'll appreciate that this could be a major threat to safety if you find yourself suddenly with no control over your car in the middle of a difficult traffic situation.

I'll post about my own situation separately ""“ but for now can you post if you have had this happen to you once/twice/ or more? Vauxhall are dismissing this as just the wrong type of driving technique and not a safety threat so we need to find out how many people have experienced this.

It's been suggested that Vauxhall will deny everything until enough people stand up and are counted. That's what I hope this topic will achieve.

The original topic is "advice on engine cutting out in 2nd gear".

Vauxhall Mokka Forums

Edited by: Mokka ****
Hi. Just seen this post.
I have a Manuel 1.7CDTI SE and have the same problem. At least 20+ times in the last year, and it isn't my style of driving causing engine to intermittently cut out.
Also, on hot days, the brakes stick! The brakes stick on and you have to lift the peddle by hooking your toes under it before you can drive off! Very awkward and very dangerous! SURELY Vauxall know about these faults??!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Just seen this post.
I have a Manuel 1.7CDTI SE and have the same problem. At least 20+ times in the last year, and it isn't my style of driving causing engine to intermittently cut out.
Also, on hot days, the brakes stick! The brakes stick on and you have to lift the peddle by hooking your toes under it before you can drive off! Very awkward and very dangerous! SURELY Vauxall know about these faults??!!
OMG my brake sticks on hot days as well !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Just seen this post.
I have a Manuel 1.7CDTI SE and have the same problem. At least 20+ times in the last year, and it isn
Hi. Just seen this post.
Ok this is a major safety issue as I have a Mokka 1.7 CDTi SE 13 reg. I’ve had my car for almost 4 years and thus problem started last year as a one off. It has occurred more frequently this year and I took it to Vauxhall 2 months ago and was told there was nothing wrong. On Tuesday as I slow down to park along the road, the engine cut off. When I tried to start it it made a choking rattling noise and won’t start. I left for a bit and it started. Yesterday my car just stopped in the middle of a busy island (roundabout) and would not restart. It kept on making the choking rattling noise, the dashboard electric will come on but the car would start. Had to push it to the side, call recovery who arrive after an hour and the car finally started on it’s on.
mom going to Vauxhall tomorrow and will update but a friend has advised it’s a problem linked to the auto stop system and to turn this off by switching off the Eco button before driving off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m new on the site and recently brought a Mokka elite auto turbo second hand. I have a 1.4 auto mokka x elite turbo 2017 plate. At first the car was working well until recently ( only had it a few months), it has been cutting out when at lights, just leaving home and at junctions etc.... it takes a while after it cuts out to re-start it. Looking at the responses here it seems to be a common fault. Has anyone had any resolutions to this problem. My main concern is when my children are in the car and obviously when driving the usual dangers to this happening. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those of you who read the original topic may recall that about a month ago I was forced to reject my car. Vauxhall told me there was no fault, when plainly there was. Having had the engine cut out a few times while going round roundabouts, I can't accept that the car is safe. My solicitor agrees, and I won't drive it. I haven't driven the car for almost two months now, as it's been in the workshop and down at Vauxhall.

The advice from Vauxhall is that our driving technique is wrong. Yet our driving technique has never caused a problem with any other car over the last 70 years of driving that we have between us. If you're buying a new Mokka, as things stand at the moment, you may have to learn to drive again! The dealership needs to be warning you of this before you buy, and the correct driving technique needs to be described in the manual. Obviously my advanced driving course in the police taught me nothing.

Last week, on advice from my solicitor, I wrote to the Chairman of Vauxhall UK, detailing the chain of events that led me to reject the car. I've had so many sleepless nights worrying about this, that another one, after writing such a long tome until after midnight wasn't unexpected. I think most of you, in the past few months, like me, will have scoured the internet looking for clues as to what's happening with this accursed car. Some time in the middle of the night, everything came together and the cause of the fault hit me. In the morning I did some checking, and everything stacks up perfectly. I know what the fault is! Forgive me for not saying in the forum at the moment, as it is the ace I hold up my sleeve. I've talked with Chokkamokka about it, and she is also convinced. It's a very credible explanation of why the fault occurs. You may want to think about this yourselves, and if you hit the answer, I ask you please don't spill the beans just yet. Alternatively, you could private message me that you would like to know the reason for the fault, and provided I don't suspect you of being a Vauxhall plant ;o) I will forward an explanation. Of course, if you agree with what I've come up with, it would be good if you could put a post on forum saying "Yes. Vauxhall have missed it totally!" or words to that effect.

Anyway, with convincing proof that I was sold a faulty and dangerous car, I was confident that under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act (amended) I should receive a full refund. Unfortunately this has to come from Evans Halshaw as they sold me the car. Evans Halshaw have generally been excellent and sympathetic, and the Service Manager has experienced the fault himself. While the Mokka is (potentially) an excellent car, the bad experience with mine has ruined the new car magic and it has to go.

The Chairman's secretary, Rose, phoned me this afternoon. Abrasive and intransigent would be the only way to describe her. She wouldn't listen to me. The conversation was final and she insisted that there was no fault with my car, and I wouldn't get a full refund, but they would refund me with a deduction for mileage covered. I said I wanted a full refund as I can prove the car was faulty when bought. She wouldn't acknowledge my claim that I'd found the fault, and said that I only "think" I've found it. Also, according to Rose, I'm the only person having the fault! I mentioned this forum, and another car at Evans Halshaw Gateshead that was in the workshop at the same time as mine, and also that Chokkamokka's has been talking to Justin Woodcraft at Vauxhall UK about this. She was adamant that there aren't any other cars having a fault, and she can't discuss any other cases anyway. I explained that it would be to Vauxhall's advantage to acknowledge that I could tell them the reason for the fault, so they can stop looking for it and start fixing it. However, by this time a serious ostrich mentality had set in. Brilliant customer care by Vauxhall.

I then phoned the Service Manager at Evans Halshaw and in confidence told him my theory, and asked that he talk to Vauxhall. I'm hoping he's a more credible witness than they regard me. (If they'd talked to their customers in the first place, they might have worked it out themselves months ago.) It's a shame that I may have to take legal action against Evans Halshaw, as frankly, they don't deserve it, but that's the way it works.

I would like to know the cure to this if possible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi just reading these post and I am having similar problems I have a 2017 mokka x had it close to 2 years no problems maybe 3/4 months ago it started cutting out losing all power (while power was lost nothing worked so couldn’t even press the brake pedal to stop the car) had the aa come out couldn’t find any faults maybe 2 weeks after this started it cut out all together and wouldn’t start at all so took it into the dealership they replaced the engine loom at a cost of £998 worked fine for the next month or so and has now started happening again I currently have the car in with the dealership again they can’t find any faults and are telling me the car is safe to pick up which I disagree any car what loses power and brakes isn’t safe to drive

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Surely the pedal only needs pressing harder than normal? are you the little one in the profile picture or the big one?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm having difficulty understanding what fault would prevent the brake pedal operating, so little one it is then.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Keep pushing the dealer to get it sorted , if needs be get them to check with vauxhall , you have already paid for a dealer diagnosis repair so the balls in there court to get to the bottom of it ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mokktheweek , what will happen , when the engine cuts out that will stop the brake servo working , so no power brakes more pressure reqd on the brake pedal 👍

·
Registered
41 Posts
I need to find out how many of us have had a problem with their Mokka's engine cutting out ""“ there was an earlier thread but that included problems stalling whilst moving off so I've started this new thread. (Hope that's ok Mods.) It's important that we keep strictly to the topic as this is important and has safety implications.

I believe this problem only occurs with the Mokka 1.7 CDTi manual ""“ unless you know differently.

A number of us have had problems with the engine dying completely whilst going round roundabouts, approaching junctions and slowing behind traffic.

This is not stalling. When an engine stalls, it dies a painful death. You know about it. Here we're talking about the engine quietly cutting out and having to be restarted either with the key or by dipping the clutch for the start/stop mechanism to kick in.

This is not going into a corner in too high a gear and causing the engine to stall. This fault cannot be reproduced at will, it happens intermittently. It could happen twice in ten minutes, and then not again for a few days.

Some advice in the earlier thread was that diesels sometimes do this. No they don't. If they do, then there's a potentially dangerous fault.

Further advice posted in the earlier thread tells you just to get used to it. You shouldn't need to, it's fault with the car. Selling on a faulty car might be awkward in the future. In a private sale, you will have to explain the right driving technique. Would you buy a used car if someone told you this about it?

You'll appreciate that this could be a major threat to safety if you find yourself suddenly with no control over your car in the middle of a difficult traffic situation.

I'll post about my own situation separately ""“ but for now can you post if you have had this happen to you once/twice/ or more? Vauxhall are dismissing this as just the wrong type of driving technique and not a safety threat so we need to find out how many people have experienced this.

It's been suggested that Vauxhall will deny everything until enough people stand up and are counted. That's what I hope this topic will achieve.

Vauxhall Mokka Forums

Sounds to me either electrical or fuel, when did you last change, dpf, diesel particulate filter,, just a thought, good luck, Melvin.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Vauxhall Mokka Forums

Maybe a ecu fault,, melvin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Just seen this post.
Hi, I have 2014 manual 1.7 CDTI and I have had about 15 stalls and engine would make a loud noise trying to start in eco mode , and had to turn eco off and use key to try turn it over, after several times it eventually started. Its a recurring problem. But no one seems to know solution for a fix .

781 - 800 of 800 Posts