Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
741 - 760 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Vauxhall denied there was a problem with the Zaffira.
As soon as BBC'shop watchdog started to show the videos of them on fire did VX take their head out of their A**ed and do something. I guess having a car that is designed to look after itself, at the expense of the occupants, isn't deemed newsworthy or "sexy" enough.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everybody I have got the 1.6 cdti I had mine serviced 2weeks ago and has cut out 3times since,been no problem up and till service.have a good day everyone.

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,587 Posts
I would contact the dealer, and have them check it out‘�

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ask the dealer if they did any software updates

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Dundeemokka said:
I have a Mokka 4x4 with only 2000 miles clocked up and it has died three times this week, (didn't stall, it just died) I contacted the dealer and was told to switch off my stop / start. I am scared to death to drive it. Looking over the forums this has been going on since 2013 why has nothing happened?

I wonder if there's a clue in that its only done 2000 miles. Mine used to do this but has not done so in well over a year possibly 2 years. Mine has now done 50,000 miles and never puts a foot wrong. It is prone to stalling if you go to slow in 2nd however but that seems to be a gearbox thing. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2015 auto, dies when you are overtaking, not loss of power, but dead in the water. Vaux/dealer has had it back, and said software update has been installed. NO fun to drive, as this has no hard and fast record, as to when it will die, it might go six months/1500 miles? I say its like Russian roulette. "when will my luck run out".

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've owned our new Mokka 1.6 cdti 4x4 for two weeks. Under 500 miles on the clock.
Thought we had a good buy and my wife certainly loved the car.
Sad to say we've already encountered the cutting out problem!
Slowing down approaching roundabout engine cut out with message saying depress clutch to restart engine.
Dealership in Peterborough have tried their best and been most accommodating but no error messages, other the one showing low fuel pressure, means no fault has been diagnosed.
On our regular walks we go past a house with two new Mokkas on the drive. Chatted to the owners the other day. Their 1.6 cdti has also done this whereas their 1.4 petrol 4x4 has been fine.
Really hope that someone can come up with an answer. Never had a problem like this in over 45 years of motoring.
We live in hope.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jobbers. Have the same model as you and have owned it new since March this year and now have4500 on clock. Since then cut out happened three times.I have altered my driving style keeping higher
revs at lower speed and seems to now be OK.. I have owned numerous cars over the years and still think this model is the best I have owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bro112, thanks for the response.
Fingers crossed it hasn't happened when I've been driving so maybe it is driving style?
Otherwise, as you say, lovely comfortable, well equipped car.
Hopefully be able to post some positive comments soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
"Driving style" is a bit of a red herring. A bodge.
It cuts out to protect the car (dual mass flywheel) from the driver.
There's the Zafira B. 220,000 recalled after pressure from BBC's watchdog, when Vauxhall said the was "no problem"
Only today, it's been revealed that there is a spate of Corsa D's catching fire. Given time, hopefully before there are injuries or deaths, then the Mokka issues will be "sexy" enough for action to be taken.
Don't hold your breath however!

I like the Mokka enough to have the X on order. But most definitely NOT a diesel this time.
Edited by: Spireite

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Spireite said:
There's the Zafira B. 220,000 recalled after pressure from BBC's watchdog, when Vauxhall said the was "no problem"
Only today, it's been revealed that there is a spate of Corsa D's catching fire. Given time, hopefully before there are injuries or deaths, then the Mokka issues will be "sexy" enough for action to be taken.

I like the Mokka enough to have the X on order. But most definitely NOT a diesel this time.

NO NO NO!!!! Those fires were down to the way the car was being driven for chuffs sake.

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts
Any Information/updates on 'Corsa Fires' can be obtained here. CORSA-D |UK

·
Registered
149 Posts
Spireite said:

Agree entirely! Had the Mokka in for it's 4th annual service last week and complained of the "cutting out" problem. The technician drove it and it cut out on him but he said it was his driving style, surprise surprise!!! I have since spoken to the service manager and suggested the problem is caused by the cut out switch on the dual mass flywheel stopping the engine. He was aware of this and his reply was ---- you've pretty much hit the nail on the head, there is no fault that's how it is designed to work! It looks like local dealers are unable to cure this so the only way to resolve the problem is to put pressure on Vauxhall to modify their design and recall all diesel Mokka's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Mokka X 1.4Tpetrol bought Nov 2016 current mileage 1600 miles.I have had this cutting out problem since new.It only happens about once a month and when it occurs it can be very frightening.It usually occurs in second gear at low speeds just after negotiating a junction which makes it very dangerous.It is like a stall but it is not because the engine just dies but can easily be started with the key.It is not connected to the stop start feature because when it happens the rev counter is in the off position and not on the auto stop position.It definitely not a stall because all the instrument lights are not illuminated. Edited by: Boxer1948

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,587 Posts
I thought this problem was only on the 1.7cdti. No sign of it on my 1.4T

·
Administrator
10,547 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had this problem on my Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost and it has happened once on my Mokka. On both cars, ECO Mode OFF has solved the problem. I am still getting used to driving a diesel engine but finding it nowhere near as daunting as I thought it would be.

A work colleague has a 1.6 Ecoflex and his had cut out several times. I suggested ECO off which seems to be working for him, so far.

741 - 760 of 800 Posts