Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted roofbars and look well made. Locating holes in the rails to line up the bars. nifty allen keys with built in torque settings so you are unable to overtighten. If we had purchased them would not have be disappointed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice bars rshud,
They look similar to the Thule roof bars (aerodynamic versions) which are purchased in three parts; bars, feet and locks which can equate to 150 to 200 quid.
I think i'll be looking into buying a pair myself once my Mokka arrives in Jan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that the retail cost is £115.00. If you can get cost price it is about £90.00.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thought I would put my bit in here.

At £115 I don't think its overpriced and its compatible
with the Thule range of products with the Thule type Aero bar. The rack
is very well made and simple to fit. With the rack being cut to the
right width you don't have to fiddle getting the feet the right distance
apart and get the right amount of bar at each end.

Here are some photos. I have my Thule bike carriers fitted.

They sit nice and low and blend into the car nicely

And under the end caps are the Aero type bar allowing to to slide on Thule products.

They are very well made and esy to fit, I have found that with all genuine vauxhall roofbars.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They look great. How are you getting on with putting the bike on the carrier? (+ how tall are you)?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm 5ft 10 and it is high. I have a way of doing it but it could all go horribly wrong! My mountain bikes are carbon so not too heavy to lift. I have a Thule towbar mounted bike carrier which I prefer to use but I'm waiting for the towbar to arrive.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm considering the slide out Thule bars. Not quite made my mind up yet.
(Thule Sidebar 891-893)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those bars are nice. They dont do away with the height issue but I suppose if you drop your bike it wont land on the car.

I see you have flex fit on your car thats due, is that the rear bike carrier? Fuel consumption is through the roof with bikes up top compared to the towbar behind the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts