Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My first post, so be gentle with me!
Two questions, which I'm sure someone will know the answers to!.
First - When my Mokka arrives (late April) I will want to fit roof bars, but information about these seems in very short supply. The roof rails look very similar to my existing Seat Altea XL, but are fatter, so I don't know if by bars will fit. Anyone know about roof bars?

Secondly - I can source towbars at a reasonable price, but dedicated electrics seem non-existant. Does any member know a source?
Thanks for your help
Biggles

Mokka Tec Line 1.7 4x4 Royal Blue

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Biggles and welcome to the fray

There is a post on here somewhere awith pictures of someone having a tow bar fitted and im sure that will be of use to you. As for the roof bars you may want to take them to a Vauxhall Delaer and try them on one of the Mokkas they have there. This would probable be alto easier and more concise than asking Seat and Vauxhall unless anyone else on herehas the arrangement...?

Good luck and enjoy the wait!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome Biggles,
I too would like to add roof bars; I have a set of Thule bars which were fitted to my old Zafira which came in two parts (feet +bars). Now I dont want to toss them out so I am going to purchase some new feet from Thule when they're available. I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks DCB,
I think he got the roof bars directly from Vauxhall, if my memory serves me right

·
Registered
313 Posts
<li ="bullet-list" ="disc">Thule Rapid System 753<li ="bullet-list" ="disc">Thule WingBar 960<li ="bullet-list" ="disc">Kit 4032 Flush RailingIf you go through the vehicle selection thing on thule website thats what it says you need (ditch the bars if you already have them, different 'bar' types are available I just clicked what I fancied lol)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've gone with the new Thule WingBar Edge 9591 and 4032 Fitting Kit and it looks pretty nice on the Mokka, i prefer to look of the WingBar Edge to the Vauxhall roof rails.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How much did you pay for them mate?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thule aerobar from dealer £80 They wanted £60 to fit
Salesman and I fitted it in about ten mins when I picked the car up as I was heading off on a kayaking trip early the next day.
They look good on the Mokka its my kayak uprights that look gross. like two old factory chimney stacks on top of my lovely mokka but they are necessary!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a second hand set off eBay for about £130 for the Thule wing bars and feet, just need to get the fixing kit for it now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After my experience with Lidl bars, which I thought were excellent, until I got them out of the wrapper four months after I bought them when my Mokka finally arrived, I tried the Atera bars I had on my Seat Altea XL. They fit perfectly. I got them from the Roof Box Company two years ago, and they were about £70. The roof rails on the Altea and Mokka are identical.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Louar said:
I got a second hand set off eBay for about £130 for the Thule wing bars and feet, just need to get the fixing kit for it now.
What's the difference between these and the Vauxhall ones?

Thule make the vauxhall bars and they're considerably cheaper (as someone points out below, you can quite easily knock your dealer down to £100)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts