Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I haven't tried out my roof bars yet but was wondering whether anyone with them has noticed much difference in MPG while they are on (without the roof box) ?

Cheers !!

·
Registered
236 Posts
No idea but can't you take them off when not in use with the roof box or is it a lot of messing about?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every time i go to try them on it seems to be raining (who would have thunk it in Scotland !!).I was just wondering if anyone else had them on already and whether they affected mpg.

Edited by: Malpas

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nah, theydon'treally, not on their own, its when you start to put things on the bars that you start to notice the MPG.

While I have been waiting for a tow bar to be fitted I have been carrying the bikes on the roof. I did notice how much fuelitused, it does with any car.

I remember i used to carry a 13ft sea kayak on top of my Asrta VXR, that supped the petrol, as well asdisappointinglooks

The only thing that bothers me about roofbars is the wind noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Niner.

I hadn't really thought about the wind noise. Anyway, another weekend has passed and they're still not on as it's been snowing again !!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ive just towed a boat for 130miles. The MPG on the roofbars are the least of your worries. The mokkas thirsty when towing!

If they are the genuine Vauxhall bars they are on in a matter of minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts