Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just bought the new Mokka E. It’s parked on a steep drive facing downhill. If I select reverse and don’t press the throttle enough can it roll forward.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Ensure the handbrake is on, start the car, point front wheels towards the kerb, select reverse, release hand brake slowly whilst covering the footbrake, the result should be imminent. o_O

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Ensure the handbrake is on, start the car, point front wheels towards the kerb, select reverse, release hand brake slowly whilst covering the footbrake, the result should be imminent. o_O

All automatics and EV's will roll in the opposite direction of the gear selected given a steep incline, use the handbrake to prevent it rolling while increasing pressure on the accelerator until you feel it pull then release the handbrake, just as you did when you took your driving test.

Driving any automatic car using both feet especially if recently changing from a manual car is very ill advised:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx but mine has an automatic handbrake so I can’t control it myself.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
In that case it will not roll, just select reverse and press the accelerator, if you prefer you can release the brake manually by pressing the (P) button as you press the accelerator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In that case it will not roll, just select reverse and press the accelerator, if you prefer you can release the brake manually by pressing the (P) button as you press the accelerator.
Ok. Thx. Will give that a go. Only had the car a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts