Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, having a load of problems with our Mokka at the moment and its currently in the dealers being taken apart !

Looks like it needs new gearbox. The parking assist doesn't always work and there loads of wind noise on the motorway. Oh I forgot, it also wanders around on the motorway by itself and you have to constantly correct it !!! Quite bad for a car with a 1000 miles on the clock and registered on the 1st March I think.

We are considering getting a full refund on it now or asking for a replacement brand new car, has any body done this before and if so whats the best way to go about it ?

We don't want to do this to be honest but we feel that if we have paid that amount of money in cash we would like to have a product that is fit for purpose, and not a re-hash of something that wasn't working properly in the first place.

Cheers for any info..

·
Registered
47 Posts
You should go and google "rejecting a new car", that is your only course of action I think. Not sure about the ins and outs of it tho.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Legally you are only enT*Tled to your money back, common sense may dictate that the dealer obtains a new model. A lot depends how long you have had the car. If your serious about handing the car back suggest its worth speaking to a solicitor. Good luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
make sure you send a recorded letter to the dealer principal detailing your problems, and also the out of pocket expenses you have incurred.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dependant on the circumstance (if it is their fault and you have given them opportunity to address the issues reasonably) you are able to look to them to provide a replacement or return you to your original position (cash etc). Similarly,as discussed elsewhere, you may be enti tled to protection under the Consumer Credit Act dependant on how you paid for the vehicle. Either way I strongly suggest you seek advice from the CAB or solicitor (if you have the funds!! lol - although most give 30 minutes free consulattion?)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Consider joining the WHICH? Legal scheme they're very good at identifying possible actions and providing suitable advice.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Check your house/ car insurance most people take the legal cover.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the ideas. We are waiting to hear back from Vauxhall Customer Care to see what they are going to offer us.

I do know of a good solicitor locally, so may be calling on them to take the necessary action if needed.This will obviously cost a bit to do, so would have to make sure Vauxhall pick this cost up as well.

I hope none of you have to go through this...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would have thought a consultation followed by a solicitors letter will do the job, worth it in the long run

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good Luck ammoka, hope you get a good out come.We too are taking ours back Tuesday as the car is all over the place whensteering wheel is moved left to right and when towing our caravan, also think the clutch has burnt out by reversing the caravan today, only had it 6 weeks. it stinks and the clutch does not feel right. Not happy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm interested to see how this one goes. A few years back I had a far worse situation with a car than this and got no where near a refund or replacement. So on that basis I'd be extremely suprised if you get either.

Just to put in perspective, on the car I'm talking about if my dealer told me the truth it had SEVEN replacement gear boxes. I'm sure we all realise that is highly unlikely and they were just replacing the synchro mesh instead. It also had the near side drive shaft pop out 5-6 times leaving the car stranded. The electric sunroof stuck fully open on 5-6 occasions.

On the last time it broke down it was right across the busiest roundabout in Peterborough (drive shaft again) I left it there, walked to the dealer, told them where it was and that they were to fetch it immediately, had a fight with the sales manager who said it was how I'd been driving it, almost got arrested lol. Long story short I never saw the car again, I walked from that dealer to another and brought another car and told them to go to dealer A and access it for a trade in price :)

To this day that is the only car I've ever had an issue with. (except a whole engine replaced in a Focus ST that had a faulty big end seal) and I do about 60k miles a year so I'm happy to assume that car was at fault and not me.

Edited by: Barny

·
Registered
584 Posts
I can tell you from experience its possible to return a car and get your moneyback, this was done after consultation with a solicitor and resulted in me dropping the keys on the dealers desk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wecko,sorry to hear that you are also having to resort to rejecting..

I hope you have been consulting Vauxhall customer services. You might get something sorted, if its just the dealer you have been speaking to then you might not get very far..

We are having a Vauxhall field engineer look at our car next week sometime..

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
Amokka

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks ammoka going in first thing in the morning. I dont want to send it back but Really gone off it now. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have recently officially rejected our Mokka, this is due to ongoing gearbox fault we have been having.
Still waiting for a decision from the dealer where we bought it.

The dealer and VX field technicians have had the car on many separate occasions now over several weeks. They have clearly demonstrated that this problem cant be fixed.

I have got to know the people at the local Enterprise hire car company quite well over the time, and will be sad we wont be able to have our jolly conversations whilst I wait for my hire car to be brought up front. !

We have had enough of the constant assurances that it has been fixed, then get the car back and drive it, and what a surprise, the problem still being there.

Will be sad to see the Mokka go as we like the styling and interior..

aMokka

1 - 15 of 15 Posts