Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. After a break from Mokka ownership I am drawn back. Previously had Mokka 1.7 CDTi Exclusiv 4x4 and a Limited Edition 1.6 diesel. Got tempted away by a FR Arona Sport but the boss didn't like the high bolstered sport seats so it had to go.

Now driving Quantum Grey Mokka X Design Nav 1.4 Auto. Graunchy shoulder and wanting a more relaxed driving style lead to the choice of auto.

Started a few upgrades. Rear bumper lip protection and stainless steel sill plates.

Happy motoring (one day in the future) and stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
Welcome back. (y)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome back, I must say that's one good recommendation there Eric owning 2x Mokka moving and to return (y)

I keep thinking about the boot lip protector for my wife's Mokka X - easy to fit?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep thinking about the boot lip protector for my wife's Mokka X - easy to fit?
Yes and no depending on your patience and prepping skills. If you're near Leighton Buzzard they'll fit it for free but not until lock down is over I guess. It comes with really good instructions and an alcohol wipe but white spirit does the same job to clean and degrease the lip. So long as you take time to centre it and mark the position with masking/insulating tape. Do a couple of dry runs before peeling the first few inches of all 4 strips of the backing tape so your happy with laying it down from one end. Make sure you have all 4 ends of the tape started and visible so you can get hold of them once you lay the cover down.

It's from a British moulding company (https://rgmautomotive.co.uk/product/abs-rgm-rearguard-vauxhall-opel-mokka-x/) and not the cheapest. My philosophy is buy quality and fit once and forget. I've seen loads of flimsy sill guards and bumper covers that flex, peel off after a few days or discolour. This is solid!!! Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts