Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last motor was a Octavis VRs and I retro fittef a Columbus sat Nav into it with the help of a friendly forum member with a coding machine.

Is it possible to fit the Sat Nav screen and reverse camera into the Mokka?

I've seen this http://www.driveav.com/product/OPEL_Series/2012/1218/418.html

Any thoughts/opinions on it?

Thanks

Tim

Mod:- Made link live.
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
584 Posts
My service dept say its categorically not possible

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what Skoda said when I asked them. Ill look into it further and update on here

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Certainly looks interesting, seems to be its own unit over a Vauxhall one. Probably will work, be interesting to see how it interfaces with the car's settings. Don't think the warranty will survive though.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The sat screen unit is larger than the unit provided in not sat cars

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. That's why I posted the above link with the Sat Nav screen and module. . .

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's Win CE. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole and no DAB. Get a Galaxy tab and dash mount. Save yourself a fortune and a lot of grief. For the sat navigation software, I use sygic, you get full 3d, lane assist, live traffic etc., for the princely sum of £50. Full European, African & American maps, with free lifetime updates. Edited by: Spireite

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's why it cannot be retrofitted, go for a large screen tomtom, free map updates forlife

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Jcol it does look like it comes with a new screen and housing to incorporate the screen it looks like they have done their homework. Worrying that site has no prices. The digital radio is a bit of a deal breaker. I might be tempted to upgrade the Tigra's stereo but I just use the iPhone with Waze in the UK for GPS at the moment and a plugin DAB unit.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey you could plug a set top box in and power it from the 13 amp socket.
Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've found an after market sat nav on eBay 4 mokka comes with bigger screen its £350 pounds I'm gonna look more into it when my mokka arrives in about 4 weeks lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there an aftermarket sat nav you can buy which goes in place where the factory sat nav usually fits?

Post merged

Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Nope

I looked and nothing really fits.

I just went for a top of the range TomTom and a suction mount

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah gutted. Ive got a sat nav im more into replacing it for looks really as the standard info display looks really dated. Thanks for the info ˜º

·
Super Moderator
9,701 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
I have purchased a 65 plate Mokka LTD Edition for mu other half for Christmas. We are both over the moon with the car and we have the onstar for a 12 month trial period. I only have one regret about the car and that is that id did not order it with built in Sat-Nav. I have the large colour screen on the dash which was not on the demo car that I had for 3 days. My query is this. Could I have the genuine sat nav installed or is it genuinely a factory fit item

Post merged

Edited by: wellinever

·
Registered
788 Posts
Use your smart phone, a far superior nav unit.
To get Nav you need a radio with a NAV coding (e.g. NAV 600 or NAV 950), the CD600 is not NAV despite having the CID

1 - 20 of 43 Posts