Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone got any ideas as to how to safely remove the dealer stickers on the inside of the windows. Worried about trying to pick it off incase it also took off the window tinting. I have the SE so the rear windows have the tinting on.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have told my dealer that I don't want any stickers on my windows and have been told that is not a problem. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tweev said:
i kept my sticker until i got home! the view is enhanced without advertising on the rear window!
Agree. When I spoke to my dealers I told them the rear window was small enough without stickers on it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tinted glass. I presume (wrongly maybe) that the tint is darker coloured glass. I wouldn't expect it to peel off or am I missing something.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are not tinted with film. It's the actual glass that is tinted.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Best thing is to tell the dealer "no stickers and no transfers"

·
Registered
506 Posts
... and no EU symbol on the number plates
. Replacement stickers proclaiming that my loyalties lie elsewhere ordered and in the post

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure if the glass was tinted or if it was vynil tinting that would come off with the sticker. Brute force the best thing to get it off or any tips?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gentle finger nail lifting from the edge. And a gentle pull keeping the force equal. I made a reet ol' mess pulling mine off put only took a couple of minutes to get it all off

·
Registered
208 Posts
The best part of collecting your new car is the removal of the dealer sticker infront of sales person when they are showing you over the car,

Sales Person "What you doing"

Me "Removing this sticker"

Sales Person "Why"

Me " Did i ask for you to put it there"

SP "No"

Me "Do you want to give me free insurance for the year to advertise your company for you to make more money"

SP "No"

Me "Then its coming off now"

The best part of a collection of a new car...

Edited by: WIBBLA

·
Registered
584 Posts
To avoid all that tell them no stickers and transfers. Everyone has seen a permanent transfer of the boot paintwork, what a damn cheek!

·
Registered
240 Posts
He's a bloke so won't have finger nails.....so in true Jezza fashion hot air gun & chisel!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Used a garden spade from B&Q*to get mine off my Qashqai. You get used to the draft of having no tailgatewindow after a while.

* Other spades are available.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I removed ours after about 5 minutes of driving it, we pulled over to check things over, I noticed it in the rear window and peeled it off. !!

Ok, the best way to do this if its been on a while is with a hair dryer, just warm the sticker up nicely and keep pulling at a corner, then when it feels like its moving freely just peel it off...

Hope this helps..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts